What's new

Take notes on PDF

Max91

Hello guys!
I'm opening this 3d because I would like to know what is the best app to take notes on PDF.
I don't care if is a desktop program or a metro app, it just have to provide fast and handy usability, some different colors and adjustable thickness.

What software do you use? What do you suggest?

Thank you!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I've switched to DrawboardPDF from PDF Annotator. I find it to be as good as any desktop PDF Annotator.

OP
M

Max91

I've tried it, but I use to write very little and in Drawboard the stroke is too heavy for me!

Any other suggestion?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Does the PDF need to remain a PDF? Another even better solution for inking is to print the PDF to OneNote.

OP
M

Max91

Not necessarily! I usually start form a Powerpoint presentation that I print in PDF to take note in!
OneNote takes a lot of time to open heavy pdf with 200+ pages! So I think a software who work directly on pdf is better

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The key on any large print out to OneNote is the use Sub-pages, I print PowerPoint Notes Pages to OneNote to teach off and annotate all the time... easily 400 to 500 pages for a 24 hour class...

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
You have the Option in OneNote (Desktop) to either to have a single print out or use Sub-pages which each slide will be a separate page...

Capture1.PNG

rtibbitts

I've tried it, but I use to write very little and in Drawboard the stroke is too heavy for me!

Any other suggestion?

With Drawboard you can modify the stroke weight from a value of 1 to 20. At least on my surface this allows for a very light or heavy stroke. I've looked pretty thoroughly and haven't found anything that comes close to Drawboard. But if there's a better app out there I'd love to know about it. For now Drawboard is it for me!

OP
M

Max91

With Drawboard you can modify the stroke weight from a value of 1 to 20. At least on my surface this allows for a very light or heavy stroke. I've looked pretty thoroughly and haven't found anything that comes close to Drawboard. But if there's a better app out there I'd love to know about it. For now Drawboard is it for me!

It's still too heavy value n.1 for me, in comparison with the stroke in Onenote

gaby

Dose any of hou knows which App allows to TYPE notes on a PDF. So far I have only seen ones that highlight/draw on it?