What's new

Taking screenshots

cvc988

I use a screenshot app called greenshot which works great when I'm in "desktop mode" (docked, keyboard, mouse etc) but would like to enhance my screenshot experience when mobile using the pen. Currently I have to double tap the purple button which allows me to highlight a screen region, then it places the image in onenote and I have to save from there. How can I automatically gave the selected region save to a certain folder on my PC?

kundas1

not sure if your aware of this but, to take a screen shot other than using your pen, you press the windows logo + volume down and that will take a screenshot of your desktop as well and will be placed in your pictures/ camera roll... and there is the app called snipping tool that can take snapshots of ur desktop too and save it to wherever you want.. there is several different ways to accomplish this..

OP
C

cvc988

The windows and volume thing doesn't work for me but the snipping tool is interesting. The only issue there is I have to manually open that app, etc and it is really the same effort as doing the onenote solution with the pen. Any other ideas?

kundas1

what do you mean doesn't work for you? meaning it doesn't take a screenshot or you don't like using it? maybe your not doing it right? press windows logo and feel it vibrate then press down the volume as soon as u feel the haptics vibrate and you cant be too fast and you cant be too slow LOL but once you get the jist of it it's super easy

OP
C

cvc988

Yea it does work sorry, I was looking in wrong folder for the image. That is a decent option. Question - when you drag in from the right and use Charms to "share a screenshot", it opens Freshpaint preview, shows me a thumbnail of the image, and then what? What is supposed to happen? Did my screenshot just wind up on the internet somewhere? Did it even save it?

kundas1

Yea it does work sorry, I was looking in wrong folder for the image. That is a decent option. Question - when you drag in from the right and use Charms to "share a screenshot", it opens Freshpaint preview, shows me a thumbnail of the image, and then what? What is supposed to happen? Did my screenshot just wind up on the internet somewhere? Did it even save it?

I told you where to look in my first reply post ;) dunno never did it that way... but I assume it's in your folder still... :confused:

Last edited:
OP
C

cvc988

Freshpaint definitely doesnt appear to have saved it anywhere....

(reason I was confused is I have a custom Screenshot folder and the native one)

Kahmeal

I believe you can press fn + Windows key + spacebar and it will take a screenshot, copy it to your clipboard and save it as well. I will test and follow up but I know at the very least you can do fn + spacebar to take a screenshot which gets stored in the clipboard. From there just launch paint or anything else and paste/save.

wynand32

Incidentally, if anyone wants a GREAT screen capture solution, give Snagit by Techsmith a try. It's $50, but if you do a lot of screenshots, it's worth its weight in gold. Can also be used to capture video--great for training and such. Not affiliated with them at all, just think it's an excellent piece of software.