What's new

Solved Task bar not on top

mikecox

My taskbar has suddenly stopped popping up over my windows. If I have a window maximized my taskbar can no longer be accessed. I went to the taskbar settings page but there is no option to force the taskbar to come up on top of windows. I'm sure there is an option to force that to happen, but where is it?

Exhile

That's strange, usually the taskbar is above all other windows. Maybe it's a bug and your Surface Book needs a restart. I also could not find the option to put the taskbar on top of all other windows.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
('HowTo' tag removed - it is reserved for proven tutorials, not questions)

@mikecox , You may have more than one process (program) running which tries to keep its window on top. Sometimes they are in conflict with the Windows Taskbar if you have chosen the "Automatically hide the taskbar" option.

Like @Exhile says, a restart should fix you up.

OP
mikecox

mikecox

That's strange, usually the taskbar is above all other windows. Maybe it's a bug and your Surface Book needs a restart. I also could not find the option to put the taskbar on top of all other windows.
I rebooted my SB and it's behaving normally again. Thanks, should have done that before posting this message /-:

OP
mikecox

mikecox

('HowTo' tag removed - it is reserved for proven tutorials, not questions)

@mikecox , You may have more than one process (program) running which tries to keep its window on top. Sometimes they are in conflict with the Windows Taskbar if you have chosen the "Automatically hide the taskbar" option.

Like @Exhile says, a restart should fix you up.
Yes, that worked. Thanks