What's new

tech spec and microSDXC

stegzzz

Hi, does anyone know where I can find a detailed tech spec for the surface pro 2? Right now I'm wondering whether it is worth paying more for a SanDisk extreme over an ultra. According to SanDisk the extreme can read/write at 45 MBs whereas the ultra is 30MBs. Obviously there's no point going for the extreme if the port on the SP2 can't run that fast.

microSD Cards from SanDisk for Business and Consumer

Thanks for any tips!

BW, stegzzz

be77solo

Hi, does anyone know where I can find a detailed tech spec for the surface pro 2? Right now I'm wondering whether it is worth paying more for a SanDisk extreme over an ultra. According to SanDisk the extreme can read/write at 45 MBs whereas the ultra is 30MBs. Obviously there's no point going for the extreme if the port on the SP2 can't run that fast.

microSD Cards from SanDisk for Business and Consumer

Thanks for any tips!

BW, stegzzz

The SP2 will utilize the faster speeds of the Extreme cards... they are in fact a whole lot faster. I do however have stability issues with SanDisk cards, both Ultra and Extreme... both will randomly dismount.

I finally out of desperation tried a Samsung Extreme card and it has been 100% reliable so far. It is a bit slower than the SanDisk extreme, but is several times faster than the SanDisk ultra.

Definitely go with a faster card, the read/write speeds are well worth it over a regular slow "ultra" card.

drolem

I'm not sure how you use your SD card, but in general the speed usually matters most when recording a HD video.
Given that the 32 GB Extreme cost nearly twice as much as the 32 GB Ultra, I would probably spend the extra money to get a 64 GB card.

Disclaimer: I use 32 GB uSD cards mostly to store DVD resolution videos for playback, so class 10 is more than enough for me. YMMV, but I think in the majority of realistic scenarios, you won't get much, if any, benefit from the Extreme in the SPro 2.