What's new

Tegra 4 Surface RT 2?

You can always wait for the latest and greatest, but you will always be waiting. By the time SurfaceVer2 is released there will be a newer better faster replacement being discussed, so you could wait for that one. Or, buy it now and enjoy it for the next 10-12 months. I've had mine since launch day and have not regreeted one minute of using it. Every day I discover or hear about an unknown fgeature or setting. You'll miss all of that if you wait. Just my 2cents...

cstu

You can always wait for the latest and greatest, but you will always be waiting. By the time SurfaceVer2 is released there will be a newer better faster replacement being discussed, so you could wait for that one. Or, buy it now and enjoy it for the next 10-12 months. I've had mine since launch day and have not regreeted one minute of using it. Every day I discover or hear about an unknown fgeature or setting. You'll miss all of that if you wait. Just my 2cents...

There are good and bad times to buy something based on the products lifecycle. Buying a Tegra 3 tablet now (at least at full price) is a mistake. I bought my Transformer Prime when it was first released (early Jan.) and it holds up well even against a new tablet like the Surface RT. I'll gladly upgrade to a Tegra 4 tablet when they come out and think the RT2 will be worth the wait for anyone that doesn't need one right away.

bosamar

Nearly all new tech is actually old tech when released. You'll never get the experience unless you try it. No regrets here.

TrentonT

General rule with any technology is if your waiting for the latest and greatest you will be waiting for a very long time...

Sin

The latest and greatest is always there until there is something newer and better.:cool2:

TeknoBlast

I usually like to skip generations. I owned the iPad 1 and waited for iPad 3. Now that I own a Surface v1, I'll wait for the Surface v3. From what I can tell hardware wise with the Surface, it's going to last a long time.

Sin

I'm also expecting the hardware to last a while. I don't see any reason currently that I will be need to up for the next two to three years or more. I will most likely want something new just to have a new toy before I actually need one.