What's new

Thank you but I'm off to new and better

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyz3

That's strange. I've had pretty darn good response from Microsoft. Better than many software companies.

Funny, when I took my tablet to the Ghost Armor kiosk in the mall the other day, all 4 of the people working their were drooling over my Surface Pro and everyone of them was talking about how they are saving up to get one etc. etc. etc.

I doubt Microsoft will miss him.

He's likely and Apple fan-boi anyway who will never have a good word to say about Microsoft.

But the fact is, that the Surface tablets are kicking Apple butt and Apple is desperately trying to catch up.
I have to agree with AZ here on all accounts. Apple hasnt changed a significant thing in years and their latest is a disgusting pastel mess. I think Angel maybe over reacted just a bit with the situation she had to endure. Not saying MS is in the right with what happened but just a little too much over reacting drama.

tonyz3

If Surface Pro doesn't want to get pwned by new devices like the Samsung ATIV Q they better BRING IT in the SP II.
I dont think the SP2 if all they did was change the processor would get pwned. As i mentioned i like the ATIVQ but other than the android dual boot it doesnt blow my hair back. I am happy with the SP but my opinion is diff bc i do most of my work as a desktop with the dual monitors i have set up. I would be all over the ATIV Q if it comes in a smaller form factor such as 8in just because i would love to jump back and forth to both systems. or if they had a 10 inch version with detachable keyboard... Most of the vids seem to show it smooth so hopefully it is alot better than using Bluestacks which i lasted about 5mins on.

Rallicat

Hi Angel;

If it's 'service' that is the question then I have had good experiences, and bad ones with my Surface RT.

Bad? Well I bought my Surface RT at launch, indeed it was a pre-order. I had a terrible experience with the delivery of them repeatedly missing delivery dates, misleading people over what the delivery dates were, and in general being very unhelpful over the phone (and indeed, failing to properly fix problems with the Microsoft Store website that effectively locked out my Live account!).

Good? Well, My Surface recently broke down and refused to charge - so, I had to send it back. An excellent experience all round here. I didn't have to even call anyone - just submitted the item for repair on the Microsoft website, and then sent it back - they turned-around the replacement the same day, so all in all I was without my Surface for no more than 48 hours, no fuss, no hoops to jump through!

My initial bad experience can probably be chalked down to launch problems, and there will probably be plenty of people who've ordered a Surface from Microsoft who had no problems at all. No 'big company' is perfect, but if you are looking to choose a tablet, I wouldn't write Microsoft off - the product itself is going to be far more flexible than most other tablets on the market, and my experience of the service suggests that -provided you don't get caught by a 'glitch' (which could happen with any company) that you'll experience excellent quality of service.

OP
A

Angel

Thanks all of you...my account still sends me alerts and I feel guilty if I don't respond.

As for over reacting, I spent 2 days on the phone and chat repeating the same thing over and over, with the reps saying I need to be elevated to tier 3 but never doing so started on 6/19; finally they do so late Friday and say it will be at least 72 business hours before they contact you, they're closed on the weekend.

All they had to do was contact my bank and say there was an error and the purchase did not process on our end and then I could have repurchased right then.

Yes I do get overly upset but let me explain it like this. Imagine being strapped to a board of nails, people standing on either side sawing and hammering at your legs and back all the while someone has a cord plugged into the wall and the other end is plugged in to you....

No matter how saddistic you are that still could not feel good...so excuse me when I get a little upset that a big corporation takes my money and doesn't seem to give a crap...

I just wanted to buy their dang computer...but BUILD 2013 is coming and they're busy. Got to rush out all those 400 dollar purchases first.

Anyways if anyone has a suggestion on a better product let me know I'm still looking...thanks:)

OP
A

Angel

tonyz that's beyond rude and you'd better hope that you don't end up the way I am some day! Read some previous posts I'm not a Apple fan but you are an idiot!

as I said to arizona, attacking someone without provocation? why, feeling inadequate in some way?

DOS

Sorry to hear about your problem with Microsoft, based on your description, it sounds like there is a pending authorization floating about. I'm familiar with these types of transactions and can understand why everyone is giving you the "run around".

Good luck and hopefully, with all of the new devices out there, you will find the one that's right for you.

OP
A

Angel

As for the rest of you NICE human beings...just got word from my bank and they said that regardless of MS delays, if they do not receive proof of purchase by tonight they will refund all of my money! Yeah!

tonyz3

tonyz that's beyond rude and you'd better hope that you don't end up the way I am some day! Read some previous posts I'm not a Apple fan but you are an idiot!

as I said to arizona, attacking someone without provocation? why, feeling inadequate in some way?
Seems like you are just looking to start trouble. I wasn't attacking anyone. mearly just stating a point. Which was i think you over reacted. That is all. But the Inadegquate comment seemed like an attack to AZ. I have no idea of your woes- nor do i care at this point. but i do wish you the peace you are searching for--- even if it is at the apple store. good luck, bye.

OP
A

Angel

After he attacked me!

I never said I was going to apple u did...

Go to another stream and post u go from one to the next picking fights and the forum has even warned you.

I did not come to a stream you started an call you a drama queen but maybe I should because that's what you seem to do...go from stream to stream picking on others because their opinions differ from yours.

Back in the day we called that racist so yeah say good bye and go on another stream u don't have to go on this one

RUDE!

roteixeira

Like... I live 5 thousand miles from USA and I was able to use a non-compatible software on a non-compatible device on my Surface Pro. I did that only using Microsoft Chat Support.

Last time I used Apple support service my delivery was delayed 10 days, I had to fight over the phone twice and my notebook was scratched.

Glad I'm back to MS.

Status
Not open for further replies.