What's new

The First Custom Case for the Microsoft Surface

chrisleung

Hey everyone -- I think I've created the first customizable case for the Microsoft Surface. But if someone beat me to it, let me know. :)

As some of you know, I've created an adjustable stand & case for the Surface, and after some testing, I've discovered that custom images can be printed directly onto it using UV printing technology.

Would any of you customize your case? How much would you be willing to spend to do this?

Images below, more detail here: The First Custom Case for the Microsoft Surface | Smart Surface Case

Deployed.jpg
Wrapped.jpg
UV-Printed-Case.jpg
UV-Printed-Case-2.jpg

Omni

Wow that looks great although Id have no idea what I would want one mine as there becomes so much choice.... I'll have a think!

I'm not sure what your asking with regards to price but say I already owned the case Id easy spend a extra £5-£10 on the picture.

demandarin

Hey chris I emailed you on your site about the beta testing phase.

Cases looking good though. Although I love the mojo case, it adds to much bulk to an already slightly heavy pro.

OP
chrisleung

chrisleung

What is the price for a plain case?
What is the price for a printed case?

Hey guys, sorry for my late reply.

For customization, we'll probably be able to customize cases for $15-20 on the Kickstarter. After the Kickstarter, the price will probably be from $25-$30. This is just a rough estimate.

As for the price of a plain case, the Kickstarter will likely be from $25-$35, and the retail price will probably be $40-$50, but we're still finalizing costs. I think almost everyone here will agree that the quality of the case is the most important, so high quality is the goal!

Cheers.

shiema

Hey everyone -- I think I've created the first customizable case for the Microsoft Surface. But if someone beat me to it, let me know. :)

As some of you know, I've created an adjustable stand & case for the Surface, and after some testing, I've discovered that custom images can be printed directly onto it using UV printing technology.

Would any of you customize your case? How much would you be willing to spend to do this?

Images below, more detail here: The First Custom Case for the Microsoft Surface | Smart Surface Case

View attachment 1096
View attachment 1097
View attachment 1098
View attachment 1099
Hello i was wondering would u be able to customize for a surface rt

benjitek

It's OK I guess, looks kinda boxy -- like something was folded to make a crease instead of 'engineered'.

Kickstarter is a great idea though -- it's how the Freedom Case started out. Great case for travel, I don't use it at home though -- and now is available in leather or polyurethane. It's available for all Surface and Surface Pro models except the new Surface 3 -- but they do have it for the SP3.

FC.png

Last edited: