What's new

The I had upgraded, then went back to 8.1 thread

leeshor

If you upgraded to 10 and was not satisfied with the results and went back to 8.1 post your issues here.

VickiFL

I am taking my SP3to the MSFT Store to have it rolled back to Win 8.1 this afternoon. I can't get Cortana to work, and am having problems with Edge and IE freezing.

I just got an S3, and having 8.1 on it is just so much better.

Last edited:

VickiFL

I had to leave my SP3 at the MSFT Store, and they said it won't be ready for about 3 days. They are really backed up rolling back lots of PC's to Win 8.1 apparently. Why am I not surprised. They were touting Windows 10 so much at the press conference, but it's just not ready. Too many bugs, especially with Cortana. Believe me, I want it to work, but I'm not going to attempt another upgrade for a while.

OP
leeshor

leeshor

The last time I went to the MSFT Store they were nearly a week behind in helping people get upgraded to Windows 10. ;)

CrippsCorner

Upgraded my girlfriend's laptop to Windows 10 but it killed the Wi-Fi. Obviously spent some time on Google and there were many others with the same problem... it seems related to upgrading whilst a VPN is installed/in use.

Tried some fixes I found such as device management configuration and changes to the registry... but nothing worked o_O she needed it back and working for the following morning so back to Windows 7 it was! Slightly disappointing really.