What's new

the last straw with surface RT

pallentx

Ok so I just wanted to update that all my apps are updating just fine, even tho I have them installing to my SD card, the only app that gave me trouble was the music app which all I had to do is un-install it then re-install it then it updated no problem...so everything seems good, YAY!

How is performance? Even the fastest SD cards will be considerably slower than built-in flash storage. Did you notice apps launching slower or any performance decrease?

beman39

How is performance? Even the fastest SD cards will be considerably slower than built-in flash storage. Did you notice apps launching slower or any performance decrease?

I didn't notice any drops in speed but I would have to compare that with another RT to see if any difference in speed

Are you on 8.1? If so, how did you get your apps on to the SD-card?

no I'm on stock windows 8, there is a video on youtube that shows how to do it, basically just involves editing the reg edit and then you can install to the SD card, I can assume this will work on 8.1 so I would def go check it out

I am still waiting for the other shoe to drop on this one.

of course you are...

machistmo

My problem was always the core apps failing to update. The APPX packages installed themselves in a location and once moved, seemed unable to adjust to the new location.

beman39

well the music app is one of the core apps, and yes it first gave me an error but when I uninstalled it and then re-installed to the SD card it updated fine...As well as the other apps I installed right away to the SD card THEY updated just fine too

demandarin

anything special needs to be done to move apps-to sdcard? will this work for desktop PC games? Those files are huge and would love to offload them to my 646B micro SD Card, the high speed one. Even if I could move some metro games there that. Would free up space.

beman39

anything special needs to be done to move apps-to sdcard? will this work for desktop PC games? Those files are huge and would love to offload them to my 646B micro SD Card, the high speed one. Even if I could move some metro games there that. Would free up space.

all you have to do is make the necessary changes to the registration, then reboot after which you uninstall all your apps and reinstall them and they will install to your SD card, just follow the directions in the vid below
[video=youtube;dg3PH3f9h-s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dg3PH3f9h-s[/video]