What's new

The 'Much Criticised' SB Fulcrum Hinge

City_Guy

Actually if they remove the hinge and any utility is lost like the ability to have keys that are not sunk down in the keyboard or keys that leave smudges on the screen or even if the removal of the hinge changes the aesthetic of the device to look like other devices I won't be buying the new new Surface Book. I like the look of the hinge and that is one of the reasons I bought the device. It sets itself apart from other devices and looks cool. I have not had any issues with "dirt or other debris" getting in my device because of the gap. If you have that issue then you are most likely a pig who needs to be more tidy. If your carry case or bag is that dirty clean it.
Greetings,

Just curious if you have noticed any screen "wobble" while using the surface book, and if this has caused any usability problems for you?

City Guy

mikegriffin84

Greetings,

Just curious if you have noticed any screen "wobble" while using the surface book, and if this has caused any usability problems for you?

City Guy
Screen wobble... Well when I use it in laptop mode I do not notice any wobble even when tapping the screen to use touch occasionally. Does it wobble? Yes. Is it immersion breaking and a problem no. It doesn't wobble anymore than any other touchscreen device in this form factor if you ask me.

If you want to use the pen for any more than occasional taps, clicks or scribbles then flip the clipboard around into tablet mode or remove the clipboard from the base and hold it or lay it down flat. This is how it's meant to be used.

I have used my Surface Book on plains trains and automobiles without ever saying man this screen wobbles to much.

compnovo

Greetings,

City Guy
I agree with the last two posters. I have had no "wobble" problems, no usability issues, and the detachable screen is a real treat. I think this is a beautifully engineered device.

nnthemperor

On the SW side, is it just me or are you guys also experiencing faster battery drains and the annoying crashing of almost every website in edge? Looking for advice on these bugs. Had to turn on quiet hours as a workaround to the notification bug.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
@nnthemperor ,

I was having Edge problems with every website. If I waited long enough, the website would work again. I ran Malwarebytes and (gasp!) found a few items that were attaching themselves to browsing. Quarantined, deleted, problem solved.

nnthemperor

That's exactly what I'm experiencing. It's very frustrating. Is this malwarebyte in defender or a separate software? Tnx

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk