What's new

The Note 10.1 stylus works better than the SP stylus.

mitchellvii

The Note 10.1 Stylus also works...

Coming from the Note 10.1 I found myself not liking the SP stylus. It feels big and plasticky and has that ugly hard blue tip. The Note 10.1 stylus is lighter and has a rubber tip. The benefit of course is that it provides just enough screen drag and give to dramatically improve your handwriting. I also find that the Note 10.1 stylus is more accurate on the SP than the SP stylus. And yes, the button works just the same.

Anyway the takeaway is the Note 10.1 stylus works perfectly on the SP. The advantage of the Note 10.1 stylus is the rubber tip and smaller size for more accurate writing (for me anyway). The advantage of the SP pen is the big fat button that is easy to press. The Note 10.1 button is recessed and hard to push at times.

Last edited:
OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

No it does not. However I also do not feel comfortable scrubbing the SB hard end against my screen. You would have to of course select an eraser which you could easily do by setting it up as one of our default pens.

For me the added benefit of the rubber tip on the pen far outweighs the loss of a clicky plastic eraser.

One other thing I have noticed. Because the Note 10.1 pen is shorter it is actually easier for me to write in the script to text box while sitting in bed since I can sort of write downward easier. For me anyway much faster.

Intangir

I may have to pick one up to try one of these days. I used to collect high class looking pens, perhaps I will do that again, but with styli instead lol.

tonyz3

Coming from the note myself and about 10other tabs with digital pens. They are all the same. The notes was def not better the only benefit as M stated is the tips. The note comes with replacement tips. I still have all my pens the dockable one from note 10.1 and even this aftermarket one Amazon.com: Samsung Electronics Slate PC Digitizer Pen (AA-DP0NE2B/US): Computers & Accessories the eraser does work with this one on the SP but I still prefer the SP pen feels better but all are still plastic crap. They should have a vapor mag one for a choice.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Coming from the note myself and about 10other tabs with digital pens. They are all the same. The notes was def not better the only benefit as M stated is the tips. The note comes with replacement tips. I still have all my pens the dockable one from note 10.1 and even this aftermarket one Amazon.com: Samsung Electronics Slate PC Digitizer Pen (AA-DP0NE2B/US): Computers & Accessories the eraser does work with this one on the SP but I still prefer the SP pen feels better but all are still plastic crap. They should have a vapor mag one for a choice.

Yeah, for me it is all about the rubber tip. I just can't stand how hard plastic feels writing on glass. I mean my handwriting is horrible enough as it is, I don't need any help. For me the plastic tip on the SP pen is almost as strange of a design choice as the magnetic power connector and having the pen "store" in the same connector. I mean seriously there had to be some stoned crack hot tub party where they decided THAT was a good idea.

That and the fact that MS put the cheapest feeling plastic pen I have ever held in my hand with their $1000 flagship device. This is the kind of pen you buy at the Dollar Store.

** Just to clarify, M$ doesn't sell rubber pen tip replacements do they?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
No...but you can get replacement Tips from Wacom in the accessories section, Felt that feels like pencil on paper, Spring-loaded that feels like a Roller Ball and Hard Plastic.