What's new

The "Official" I got my Surface 3 thread

Boblette

At least let us know if you ordered from the Microsoft Online Store AND you received a shipping confirmation.

My credit card got the charge applied (not finalized) on Wednesday...so I got my hopes up that it would have shipped by now.. and not held up until Tuesday....

Boblette

At least let us know if you ordered from the Microsoft Online Store AND you received a shipping confirmation.

My credit card got the charge applied (not finalized) on Wednesday...so I got my hopes up that it would have shipped by now.. and not held up until Tuesday....

irogos

What the heck. Microsoft reps told me if I preordered through Microsoft it wouldn't ship until May 5th and I would get it like 5 days later. I am in the U.S. by the way

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I saw a few posts from Reddit users regarding shipment notifications... I think as always you have to parse the statement fully. "Ships by May 5th" means it ships on May 5th or before May 5th, but they re not guaranteeing it will ship before May 5th (It's synonymous with, ships no later than May 5th). Neither are they guaranteeing it will arrive by X date. Id take it this stance is another lesson learned from past experiences, don't make promises you cannot keep. Bottom line is, it's out of their hands once it ships.

I know there were people jumping thru all sorts of hoops because they were going to be here one day there the next and elsewhere the day after that. If you have special needs, work it with the shipper. Or buy in person and avoid shipping. :)

I should add, I'm pretty sure they have orders to NOT deliver B4 some date presumably May 5th or maybe is the 6th IDK. Some localities obviously take more time to reach from the nearest shippers office so they may start earlier or finish later possibly more than a day.

Last edited:
OP
leeshor

leeshor

Just a reminder that the title of this thread is, I got, not I'm going to get. We have another thread for that.

mtalinm

first in the door at the Boston MSFT retail store. picked up 128 version, red cover to match my SP3, and two pen loops. wanted an orange cover, but they didn't have orange pen loops. oops.

first impression is that it is slow (installing updates is eternal) but quiet/cool.

A bit disturbed that the charger is not flush with the diagonal side of the unit - why not? they even got that right with the VGA adapter.

more when I've had a chance to use it.

netuser

first in the door at the Boston MSFT retail store. picked up 128 version, red cover to match my SP3, and two pen loops. wanted an orange cover, but they didn't have orange pen loops. oops.

first impression is that it is slow (installing updates is eternal) but quiet/cool.

A bit disturbed that the charger is not flush with the diagonal side of the unit - why not? they even got that right with the VGA adapter.

more when I've had a chance to use it.
Surface-3-Charger.jpg

Was in Best Buy to pick up my pre-order just after they opened. What perplexes me is that they shipped out the Cover vs. just holding it as well. I ended up buying another to cover me until the other arrives and return the one yet to arrive later. (I was headed out traveling to do a presentation today). I went back to the office and promptly loaded the Office 2016 Preview and transferred my files over to the unit to then jump in the car. Right now I am sitting down the street from where I am presenting doing a quick review of the presentation on the S3. Works great. Just to right size for being mobile. I have an SP3 but like the size of the S3 a bit better for this. Performance is fine for what I am using it for.

Yes, I know I am rolling the dice to use it tonight without a real dry run, but I did test the video out capability on a monitor before I left and it was good, so here we go.

Good luck to all those out there opening up the boxes today. Although soem are being critical of some point of the S3, it seems like they got it right.My plan was to give it to my daughter for high school but I am not so sure now. I may need to get another!