What's new

The "Official" I got my Surface 3 thread

judethat

Got mine today and I have to say really pleased with it, its just the right size and the typecover works well. I prefer this to the SP3 which I had but found a bit heavy. This is much more portable and I got the purple typecover. Took a while for updates but does not seem especially slow.

Surfacemike

The first k/board I got with the S3 also had loose keys. I took it back and the store replaced it. On the new one, the keys aren't loose but the trackpad has the same issue you mention. I have tested a bunch in various stores and they don't have the same issues. Like you my SP3 k/board is fine. I'll be taking this one back as well for a replacement. FWIW - I have the cyan k/baod

jbs-horn

I traded in a Surface 2 on a 128GB Surface 3 and keyboard cover today. The Surface 2 was so underpowered that I ended up stowing it in a desk drawer. The Surface 3 is much faster in every way. I am very impressed. Battery life remains to be seen after it has had a chance to settle in, but I think this will take care of all of my road warrior needs.

Dmcgrath009

Picked up a surface 3 and type cover for the wife on launch day. Liked it so muh I bought one for myself yesterday. Mine kept locking up so I brought it to best buy today before work and exchanged it . new one seams good so far.

I was going to get the pro but I like the size of this better for a tablet and I really like the micro USB for charging. It will be great for long flights.

SpeedNut

Traded in my original RT for a 4/128 last week while at Ignite. Didn't read about the no go for Win10 Preview and put it on there, now having a hell of a time putting 8.1 back on it. On FAT32 formatted usb stick #2 with the image from MS website. Gets as far as 86% then gives up the ghost and says reset failed. Other than that so far so good, actually responsive, plus real keys are nice vs.the touch cover I had before. It would be nice to have the hinge from the SP3 on here instead of the 3 position, not sure how much more that would have added to the price point but it's missed.

mtalinm

I am here to eat my hat.

After grumbling about battery life and charging, I realize that this was partially pilot error.

I should have waited a full week of daily charging before making any conclusions. AS It was, I had it for less than a week and wasn't using it every day. So, there just wasn't much data to go on.

A couple of weeks into it I'm getting closer to 7 hours from powercfg -battery or whatever the option is. I can see a scenario where I could get 8 (no WiFi, screen brightness all the way down). I still think 10 hours is fibbing but it's not quite as doomsday as I had portrayed.

Sorry about that.

macster

I'm in or my wife is in, we just purchased the 4GB/128GB/pen/touchcover/carrying pouch for $831.00 from Bestbuy. She is setting it up now.

M~

cmergel

Just unboxed 4GB/128GB Windows 8.1 Pro (from CDW). Setting it up now. Loving the size\Note takers dream.... Proof of concept device for a project at work (no keyboard, just the tablet). Only in my hands for a short amount of time...... :(

My primary work machines is a SP3 i7/256 with Windows 10 Build 10074. If this thing supported multiple monitors I might be tempted as my main machine.....

If it was closer in the $350-400 range I would so pick this up for myself as a consumption device\companion to my SP3.

Great job Microsoft.