What's new

The "Official" I got my Surface 3 thread

Telstar1948

Well, I just realized that my shiny new pen won't attach to my S3 magnetically. Guess I'll have to go hunting for pen loops.

Plantje

Got my Surface 3 last week. Added a screen protector and a keyboard. Now I am still looking for a pen. Why didn't they make the SP4 pen itself magnetically?
So far I am very happy with the device! More about me and the device in my introduction topic.

Still wondering what display settings every one uses: 150% or 100%

Check eBay. 1i got a protective cover, screen protector (which has since been thrown out) and a pen for less than $50. The cover has a pen loop so it doesn't need to be magnetic. The keyboard I use is a bluetooth version which cost me less than $50. So, for under $100, I got what Microsoft are charging over $200 for!

Plantje

Hmmmm... the Type Cover cost me € 111,- and the screen protector € 35,- So far it looks like it's worth every penny

wallydog

I got a Surface 3 last week , this is a real improvement from the Asus tf300 I've been using .It set up easily.

jrioux

Guess what? I just got a Surface 3 with 4GB of RAM, 64GB of storage and Windows 10 Pro! NewEgg had new ones on sale for only $290.

Installing almost two years of Windows and app updates was quite a PITA, but finally seems to have worked. For awhile my screen brightness fluctuated wildly for no apparent reason, but now seems stable. I think I'll like my new toy.

klaw

Guess what? I just got a Surface 3 with 4GB of RAM, 64GB of storage and Windows 10 Pro! NewEgg had new ones on sale for only $290.

Installing almost two years of Windows and app updates was quite a PITA, but finally seems to have worked. For awhile my screen brightness fluctuated wildly for no apparent reason, but now seems stable. I think I'll like my new toy.

I just bought my first Surface 3 on the same sale from NewEgg. After installing all of the updates, most of the 64 GB hard drive was full. I ran the MS Disk Cleanup program and selected Clean up system files. That removed all of the old Windows 8.1 system files and cleared up 30 GB of hard drive space. I also inserted a 64 GB Micro SD card and now I have all of the local hard drive memory I need.

So far I love it. It is a little heavier than I expected but am used to using an Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, which was extremely light but not good for much besides media (web, emails, videos, ebooks, etc.)

jrioux

I just bought my first Surface 3 on the same sale from NewEgg... So far I love it...
Welcome to the Surface Forums! I've been here since I bought the original RT. I hope you enjoy it here as much as I have.