What's new

The Surface 3 waiting room

wolfpackfan

Wow. Didn't know the 3's were now in the Stores. Will drive over to my mall this afternoon and look at it.

In the meantime, I went ahead and ordered the 128GB model. A question, I've never ordered (or purchased) anything from Microsoft before. I hate to admit this, but I'm returning to the Windows fold after spending the last ten years as a Mac user. When they say shipped by May 5th, is MS pretty good about delivery. How long after the 5th will it take to get the Surface 3. Reason I ask is we have a trip a week after the 5th and I'd hate to be gone when it is delivered. I am used to Apple saying delivered by the 5th and you always received it on the promised date.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Wow. Didn't know the 3's were now in the Stores. Will drive over to my mall this afternoon and look at it.

In the meantime, I went ahead and ordered the 128GB model. A question, I've never ordered (or purchased) anything from Microsoft before. I hate to admit this, but I'm returning to the Windows fold after spending the last ten years as a Mac user. When they say shipped by May 5th, is MS pretty good about delivery. How long after the 5th will it take to get the Surface 3. Reason I ask is we have a trip a week after the 5th and I'd hate to be gone when it is delivered. I am used to Apple saying delivered by the 5th and you always received it on the promised date.
So far every order has arrived when promised for me...I received my SP3 on the launch day, same with the S2 and SP2 and RT....

CrippsCorner

I luv the new Windows logo on the back... looks like this will be nice device...

I like this too, subtle but shows what it is. Just to add though, it's actually the Microsoft logo, not the Windows logo... I think the Windows logo would look better, a tad more stylish.

Nuspieds

So now that the Surface lines are both Intel-based running full Windows, that certainly eliminates the RT confusion for the everyday consumer.

I think it is good that they introduced such an entry-level device at that price. For me, I don't have a Use Case for it but I can certainly see those who couldn't afford or didn't want to spend the premium dollars for a Pro to now have a look at this model.

Liam2349

I like this too, subtle but shows what it is. Just to add though, it's actually the Microsoft logo, not the Windows logo... I think the Windows logo would look better, a tad more stylish.

Personally I would have put Surface and the Microsoft logo, in that order. Not sure why you would avoid the Surface branding.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
From a marketing perspective, Microsoft is now the brand and everything else is secondary. Microsoft has good brand recognition globally (number 4 in a Global Survey, people recognized the Microsoft Logo as belonging to the Company).

So moving forward the Microsoft Logo will be on all products (Lumia Phones as seen on the 43x and 64x Lines)

bluegrass

Hey. Congratulations. I'm sure you'll love it. Are Surface's allowed in the big apple? Is this your first Surface?

Ghostx

I pre-ordered the Surface 3 yesterday, with the cover. I didn't pre-order the pen just yet. This will be my first Surface tablet. I've had an iPad Air, and a Asus Transformer. Looking forward on trying out the Windows tablet. :)

netuser

I like the looks of this new Surface 3. I'm waiting for the reviews to come out over the next few weeks before deciding to buy.
My main concern is going to be performance. Are web browsers going to lag and hang with many tabs open with that processor? Can people keep multiple Office documents open at the same time and multitask between them?
Is the performance of the X8700 X7 Atom going to be the same, better or worse for these uses than the N2840 Celeron processor in the HP Stream laptops that start at only $199?
If performance is not significantly better or is worse, it won't make sense to for us to spend around $670 per user for a Surface 3 commercial edition with keyboard vs less than $300 for an HP Stream 11 Pro for their secondary machines to use in meetings and for remote access. It would be too much or price premium just for much prettier upscale magnesium hardware vs plastic, and 1080p IPS touchscreen vs 720p TN screen if it didn't also have usefully improved performance.