What's new

THE SURFACE PRO 2 GAMING THREAD PICTURES and VIDEOS

be77solo

I hope they fix it before April, since i was planing on playing that (even though its multiplayer only) and stick of truth while taking a long 12 hour trip to tokyo :(

Intel has released special drivers for Titanfall support, so I bet that fixes it.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see the above post with link, had this page open all day when I posted. Apologies for the repost ;)

vmanny04

The Darkness 2

[video=youtube;HJEdo7mvO7g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJEdo7mvO7g&feature=c4-overview&list=UUgw9MIfGqn26GwBORu5jgHQ[/video]

Config :

Surface Pro 2 Energy Options = High performance

Resolution = 1280 x 768
Vsync = Off
Quality Texture = Very High
Shadows = Medium
Sticker = On

FPS :

FPS = 35 fps - 39 fps - 45 fps variable
Sttutering = Sometimes

Experience = Excelent[/QUOTE]

Whats the program you use to organize ypur games or launch them in the beginning of the video of The Darkness

vmanny04

When you guys game on your SP2 does the fan start kicking in and gets hot only game i have tested where that doesn't happen is in South Park

be77solo

But don't the intel drivers mess the settings fo the surface pro, like sleep and power management?

They do eliminate any presets Microsoft has setup in the drivers, but I've yet to actually notice a difference in battery life or have any issues related to the GPU drivers. I've been running Intel drivers on and off since October without issue.

The biggest benefit before this latest round of March drivers other than the usual bug fixes/optimizations was the Intel drivers allowed access to the full Intel Control Panel, but I noticed yesterday that with Microsoft's March drivers, while the icon isn't there, a right click on the desktop allows access. Not positive it's a full featured Intel Control Panel but it's a start.

My advice would be run the Microsoft drivers until you run into an issue (like the Titanfall problem) and then updated to the Intel drivers and see how they compare. Only thing to be wary of is once you install the Intel drivers, Windows Update will try and automatically replace them with MS drivers unless you tell it to "hide" the update.

gman713

Has anyone tried the Amazing Spiderman? I don't really want to play it on my surface, but I just want to figure out how to get the resolution from constantly defaulting to 640x480 every time. I can't figure how to make 1280x720 stick.

Titanfall

[video=youtube;febIiWXdqe8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=febIiWXdqe8&list=UUgw9MIfGqn26GwBORu5jgHQ[/video]

Config :

Resolution = 1280 x 720
Vsync = Off
Field o view= 70
Quality Lighting = High
Lighting Quality = Low
Texture Filtering = Bilinear
Effects Detail = Low
Model Detail = Low
Impact marks = low
Ragdolls = Medium
Shadows = Off
Sweetfx = No

FPS :

FPS = 28 - 48 - 55 fps variable
Sttutering = Sometimes

Experience = Playable/Very good (map depends)

Tomb Raider

[video=youtube;VzuM2tJmhCU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzuM2tJmhCU&list=UUgw9MIfGqn26GwBORu5jgHQ[/video]

Config :

Resolution = 1280 x 768
Vsync = Off
Texture Quality = High
Texture Filter = Anisotropic x4
Hair Quality = Normal
Antialiasing = Off
Shadows = Normal
Shadow resolution = Low
Level of Detail = Normal
Reflections = Normal
Depth of Field = Off
SSAO = Normal
Post Processing = Off
Tessellation = Off
High Precision = Off
Motion Blur = On

FPS :

FPS = min 30 fps - Media 40,7 fps - Max 50 fps
Sttutering = No

Experience = Very good

Last edited:

Yamish

is there games I could actually play on the surface one? windows rt? I love to play Zelda as well as some others and if I could how do I go about it to play?

BakedZnake

I've tried installing microsoft firmware updates but every time it messes with my intel video drivers, meaning like games such as civ v and xcom would crash often. but using Intel's own drivers I don't experience these problems. The latest microsoft March firmware update seems to work but I cannot open the intel control panel, does this happen to other people as well?

be77solo

Great Titanfall video, thanks! Glad to see it plays so well. I'll have to pick up a copy when it goes on sale.