What's new

Solved The tablet that can replace your laptop - It is not a lie!

The tablet that can replace your laptop - Is it a lie?

• Total voters
R

Robin Tillmann

Hello,

I'm using my Surface Pro 3 since 2 weeks and every additional day I notice that at the moment the Surface could not replace my MacBook Air in fact of throttling down the CPU and a very bad update management.

-CPU throttle issues
-WLAN issues
-Bluetooth issues

Microsoft realy has to do something!

My surface is the I5/4GB RAM edition.

kristalsoldier

I'm afraid the Surface Pro 3 has indeed replaced my laptop and has virtually made my desktop machine redundant. The only reason the desktop machine remains on my desk is because (1) I don't want to buy the dock and (2) I like the 2-monitor set up that I have, and (3) because I would like to have a back-up machine.

OP
R

Robin Tillmann

I would agree with you but not now, Microsoft has to do something with the software!

Microsoft should give me the option to turn on the fan at full speed to get more power out of the SPro3, i don't need silence mode if i work.

The page you have posted is not avalable.
In many reviews you can see that the SPro3 throttles much more than the SPro2 and even more then the MacBook AIR!

I do not only surf the web like most of the others, I work with my SPro3 which means more then 3 programms are opend.

jnjroach what do you do with your SPro3?

Please excuse my bad english.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I would agree with you but not now, Microsoft has to do something with the software!

Microsoft should give me the option to turn on the fan at full speed to get more power out of the SPro3, i don't need silence mode if i work.

The page you have posted is not avalable.
In many reviews you can see that the SPro3 throttles much more than the SPro2 and even more then the MacBook AIR!

I do not only surf the web like most of the others, I work with my SPro3 which means more then 3 programms are opend.

jnjroach what do you do with your SPro3?

Please excuse my bad english.

I'm an IT Consultant - I use it to create:
  • Proposal Decks
  • Technical Marketing Decks
  • Create Technical Documentation
  • Manage IT Infrastructure and Cloud Architecture,
  • I run large Data Pivots in Excel
  • Author HD Videos and E-Learning Assets
  • Take Notes in OneNote
  • Audio and Video Conferencing with Lync
  • Researching using PDFs, Word Docs

I typically during the work day have 10-12 Tabs open on IE, 2-3 PowerPoint Decks, 2-3 Word Documents, OneNote, Outlook, Lync and Excel Open (these are desktop applications), in the MUI Tweetium and Drawboard PDF, all at once....I also use a Miracast Adapter for my extended display using a Microsoft Bluetooth Wedge Keyboard and Mouse....

Kif

I didn't have a laptop but it did replace my desktop using the docking station. It's faster and quieter then my old space heater Dell desktop. What it hasn't replaced is my iPad Mini Retina. I would be missing to many great apps by giving it up.

joga

I didn't have a laptop but it did replace my desktop using the docking station. It's faster and quieter then my old space heater Dell desktop. What it hasn't replaced is my iPad Mini Retina. I would be missing to many great apps by giving it up.

My SP3 (i7 / 256G) with the Docking Station replaced my SP2 and my desktop. I use it for work and fun, from office to video encoding. It's a great device and i'm happy i bought it...

bluegrass

It's replaced my desktop. I like to use my SP3 dock for that. It has also given me the equivalent of a laptop in a tablet format. I have taken SD memory from my camera, installed it in my SP3 and done some video editing and posted files to YouTube while waiting for my plane in an airport.

I have two users that I support where I work that are using SP3s as both a desktop and a laptop + iPad replacement. They both do real tasks using Microsoft Office.