What's new

Solved The tablet that can replace your laptop - It is not a lie!

The tablet that can replace your laptop - Is it a lie?

• Total voters

Pepper

It replaced my laptop. It could have replaced my desktop machine at work, but I could not resist that $150 touchscreen from Newegg to turn it into a 'big surface'. It will replace my desktop at home, just need to get a USB optical drive. And it will replace my iPad which is used only for playing HayDay and Angry Birds, now that I have installed BlueStacks.

Without a doubt this is the best computer I have ever used.

raqball

the poll and the subject is NOT align, if the poll option is about surface pro 3 vs laptop, then I am pretty sure most of the answer will be yes.
I •think• you are suppose to answer the "Is it a lie" portion of the question but I am not real sure.

A yes vote means it can't replace a laptop and the claim by MS is a lie.
A no vote means it has replaced a laptop and the claim by MS is true.

I voted no, like most did because that's what I assumed was the correct choice..

Now my brain hurts. :p

dougpaw57

Hell yes, it replaced my laptop. Actually the first Surface Pro did that, the Surface Pro 2 and 3 are even better.

ynohtna

I already had my lenovo Helix replace my laptop but I used it like laptop. Form factor of the SP3 much less awkward to use as tablet.

unruledboy

I •think• you are suppose to answer the "Is it a lie" portion of the question but I am not real sure.

A yes vote means it can't replace a laptop and the claim by MS is a lie.
A no vote means it has replaced a laptop and the claim by MS is true.

I voted no, like most did because that's what I assumed was the correct choice..

Now my brain hurts. :p

damn it, my bad, i chose the wrong answer...

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
But if you answer yes youre actually saying no...
I said no..they haven't lied and it has replaced my laptop..... lol confusing poll.

DeltaXray

Urgh I misread the poll and voted the wrong way.

Yes it can and does replace a laptop. In fact it has replaced both a laptop, tablet, and traditional notepad for me.

VickiFL

I use my SP3 and my Lumia 1520 as my only devices.... it does everything I need, I have no issues with throttling and is the best mobile device I've used.

I just bought both the SP3 and Lumia 1520 as well. I LOVE the Lumia, but the SP3 doesn't arrive until this afternoon. I'm very excited to see what they can do together. :)

dniezby

I use my SP3 and my Lumia 1520 as my only devices.... it does everything I need, I have no issues with throttling and is the best mobile device I've used.

I'm soooo waiting for my AT&T Agreement to be up for renewal. Since getting my SP3, I've completely replaced my Laptop, Desktop, iPad and I can't wait to add the 1520 to my arsenal and say good bye to my iPhone as well.