What's new

The time to get a microsd card is now

goodintentions

I just bought an sp3 i5 128gb + typecover+pen for $780 in like-new condition. Been using visual studio on it and I love it.

That being said, the original intent has always been to get a 128gb micro sd to store stuff. I'm one that doesn't really care all that much about the read and write speeds of the card. As long as I don't have to wait all day for a file to load, I'm fine with it.

That being said, I've been waiting for something to go on sale. And here it is, folks.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M562LF4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've been watching these cards for weeks, and this is the best deal you can get.

Went from $130 down to $90. It's only for today, so you better get it now if you've been meaning to get one.

Disclaimer: I have absolutely zero affiliation to Sandisk.

OP
G

goodintentions

I have very bad experiences with MicroSD cards. They fail quite often, regardless of brand.
Really? I've had dozens of micro sd cards. Every one in my family have micro sdcards in their devices. I think between us we are currently using like 50 or so micro sdcards. I haven't had any that failed and I haven't heard anyone complained that theirs failed.

I guess it's just the luck of the draw.

kevinlevrone

Really? I've had dozens of micro sd cards. Every one in my family have micro sdcards in their devices. I think between us we are currently using like 50 or so micro sdcards. I haven't had any that failed and I haven't heard anyone complained that theirs failed.

I guess it's just the luck of the draw.

I think that between us we are currently using 60 or so micro sdcards. Beat you ! :)

Kif

The 64 GB for $24.99 is so tempting. But I need to spend $10.01 more for free shipping. :(

zhenya

Yes, seems like a great deal!

I'm resisting though because I don't really need the space yet and by the time I do prices will surely be lower still!

What's the outlook for 256GB micro-sd? Will it be compatible with our existing slot?

B

B'midbar

Just got another 128GB SanDisk NIB on eBay from a power seller for $54.99 with free shipping. That's the trick for microSDHC, microSDXC, USB jump drives on eBay - buy from power sellers with high ratings, including ratings from others that have already bought, vouched for the kind of card or jump drive you're buying.

vsherry

I just bought it on Amazon. Wish I had seen the eBay listing first. Best Buy just canceled my order on this exact card today. I can say that although I thought I had a deal on eBay for this exact card, a seller had to void the transaction after realizing the cards were fakes.

kundas1

when buying off of ebay sellers you have to be very VERY careful, what they do is take a 8GB card and upgrade it to 256GB and then you have all sorts of inconsistency problems and errors and last but not least you end up with a 8GB card instead of 256... I don't know how they do this but to me it sounds shady! so basically your not buying a true 256GB card but an 8GB card masquerading as a 256GB... I've posted a disclaimer claiming this is what they are doing in another thread!

OP
G

goodintentions

when buying off of ebay sellers you have to be very VERY careful, what they do is take a 8GB card and upgrade it to 256GB and then you have all sorts of inconsistency problems and errors and last but not least you end up with a 8GB card instead of 256... I don't know how they do this but to me it sounds shady! so basically your not buying a true 256GB card but an 8GB card masquerading as a 256GB... I've posted a disclaimer claiming this is what they are doing in another thread!
Yup. Sometimes even the super seller himself doesn't know he's selling fakes.

All they do is hack the index of the card.

kundas1

here is the disclaimer from one of the sellers! LOL WHAT?!!

PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING
You are purchasing a brand new upgraded 265gb micro sd card. (The memory of these cards has been upgraded from 8gb to 256gb) therefore usable memory may vary from card to card. 8gb is the minimum these cards will hold If any read/write errors occur a simple format normally fixes any problems.