What's new

The update is here (UK)!

CreativeLemming

...unless my eyes are deceiving me (I have had a couple of bottles of Old Peculiar), just received FW updated dated 18/01/2014 in the UK

I do hope this isn't a false alarm

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    525.7 KB · Views: 2,574

MickeyLittle

The best news and sight I've seen all day. Post back any differences that you notice.

I'm in Mississippi and I'm downloading it too. Ok everybody it looks to really be here!:big smile:

LuckyL

nice one. I too am in the UK but no update for me yet - which is fine, yesterday, I received the replacement for my Surface which the December Update screwed up. I will wait for some feedback before installing this, I don't want to have another exchange.

DanL

Hey Mickey, maybe there was something to that released in "waves" post. Nothing here in Michigan...

DragonGamer

Hmm, looks promising! :3 But it seems small compared to the december firmware... but of course it's mostly a fix probably - makes me wonder whether the people who never updated to the december one, actually get the improvements or not.

Anyways, no update here in Germany yet.. but it's 2 hours past midnight anyways. The admins of the distribution servers are probably sleeping yet - unlike the UK ones, apparently, lol xD

Last edited:

LuckyL

Hmm, looks promising! :3 But it seems small compared to the december firmware... but of course it's mostly a fix probably - makes me wonder whether the people who never updated to the december one, actually get the improvements or not.

Good point, makes sense to update those SP2 with the December FW Update installed first.

Tekn0

In the UK? Pardon my ignorance (not that familiar with Windows 8), are the Windows update based on location?? :O

jrapdx

No firmware update here, but then this is a "post-December 10" SP2. While distribution of the firmware blob may just be random, making it available first to the SP2s affected by the Bad Firmware would be a great idea.

Does the new firmware update provide any benefit for SP2s unaffected by the 12/10 problems?

MickeyLittle

No firmware update here, but then this is a "post-December 10" SP2. While distribution of the firmware blob may just be random, making it available first to the SP2s affected by the Bad Firmware would be a great idea.

Does the new firmware update provide any benefit for SP2s unaffected by the 12/10 problems?

I got my SP2 in early January and it is a 4300u so it wasn't affected by the bad firmware and I got the update almost as soon as it was reported in the UK this evening.