What's new

The Woz on Microsoft: "Maybe they are a different company than before"

cereal killer

thewoz.jpeg

Apple Co-Founder, Steve Wozniak, is no stranger in the tech world, and when it comes to giving his opinions on the latest and greatest on tech he pulls no punches. His foray into the Android world caught many by surprise, but he is a lover of great tech and it shows. Cult of Mac spotted footage of the Entel Summit in Chile in which Woz spoke openly about the recent developments in Redmond. The Woz said of Microsoft; "I do see a lot of stuff coming out from Microsoft in the consumer arena. A lot of people like to say that Microsoft's had no successes in the last so many years, but the Xbox is a success, and certainly Kinect." He's certainly spot on with that assesment because Kinect made it into the record books by carrying the title of 'fastest selling consumer electronics device.'

Steve is also stoked on the Nokia Lumia 900 series. He says that "they have such a striking visual appearance, which is a lot of what Steve Jobs was always looking for. The art and technology, the convergence of art and technology." Windows Phone isn't the only MS product on Steve's mind. The Surface has gotten his attention as well. When asked about the Surface he said ""I want to own one. I want to use one." We share his sentiments. All in all the Woz seems very pleased with the direction Microsoft is going, and we have to say that we strongly agree. It's nice to see Microsoft breaking away from their old mold and really introducing some really exciting new product(s).

Source: CNet

Russ

Notwithstanding all the recent orgasmic recollections of Steve Jobs, Woz was the reason for Apple's original success, without which, the name "Steve Jobs" would have elicited, "Who?"

Regards,
Russ