What's new

They Cut off Google Calendar sync!!!

OP
H

HB_xxx

i use a shared google calender with others so it would be painful to switch. does anyone know if outlook.com's calendar's work with iOS?

nhaigh

This is a big problem. They also cut off Active Sync to Google which Google have left in place for people who had it configured prior to the end of January. The upgrade screwed up mail, contacts and calendar for me and has taken the surface close to not working - we use Google for work so now I don't have my work calendar which is my main calendar.

Is there anyway to uninstall the updates?

J515OP

Super Moderator
This is a big problem. They also cut off Active Sync to Google which Google have left in place for people who had it configured prior to the end of January. The upgrade screwed up mail, contacts and calendar for me and has taken the surface close to not working - we use Google for work so now I don't have my work calendar which is my main calendar.

Is there anyway to uninstall the updates?

You can Refresh your Surface but that would be undoing a lot. You should still be able to access Google Calendar from IE for anybody that critically needs it.

Trovahead

You can go to your Google Calendar on a desktop PC, export the iCalendar file and then add it to your calendar on the Outlook Express website. It worked very smoothly for me and now all of my Google appointments from work are on my MS Calendar. No need to do anything drastic.

nhaigh

You can go to your Google Calendar on a desktop PC, export the iCalendar file and then add it to your calendar on the Outlook Express website. It worked very smoothly for me and now all of my Google appointments from work are on my MS Calendar. No need to do anything drastic.

Managed to work out how to do that but had to get the IT guys to open up the domain services on our Google apps to allow calendars to be shared more openly. Fortunately I can make that happen but I expect a lot of people with Google Apps as their corporate E-mail may not be able to. Fortunately I am also looking at ditching Google Apps and moving the company to Exchange.

jamearl

I'm glad they did. Google is out of control and tries to manipulate others to support their closed standards.