What's new

thinking of picking up a MS band

kundas1

so like the title states, I wanna buy a band and integrate it with my L1520 and also start to track my fitness as I will be joining a gym in the next few days, so tell me what I should expect and what I can do with this watch? please inform me of all the COOL stuff I can do with this watch from all you band owners! thanks

edit: just an FYI, I looked at some review vids on YouTube... but they just don't give a unbiased review I find

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
As a Windows Phone user you can use the band to reply to texts with a OSK on the band or use Cortana, I use it as an extension to my 1520...

VickiFL

I have owned a Band since last November, but I don't use all the functions. I mainly use it for health reasons. My main tiles are text, phone, sleep, UV, weather, alarm/timer, and Starbucks. I use my Band with Microsoft Health to keep track of my diet, how many calories I burn, how well I sleep, etc. Like jnjroach, I use it as an extension to my Lumia 1520.

I recently downloaded "Band Sensor Monitor." It lets you see the hidden readings for all the sensors on the Band. It shows heart rate, skin temperature, galvanic skin response, ambient light, movement counter, step pace, UV and battery indicator for the Band (showing % of power left on the Band). With this app, you can see how much power is left in your Band without having to plug it in to the charger.

OP
kundas1

kundas1

I have owned a Band since last November, but I don't use all the functions. I mainly use it for health reasons. My main tiles are text, phone, sleep, UV, weather, alarm/timer, and Starbucks. I use my Band with Microsoft Health to keep track of my diet, how many calories I burn, how well I sleep, etc. Like jnjroach, I use it as an extension to my Lumia 1520.

I recently downloaded "Band Sensor Monitor." It lets you see the hidden readings for all the sensors on the Band. It shows heart rate, skin temperature, galvanic skin response, ambient light, movement counter, step pace, UV and battery indicator for the Band (showing % of power left on the Band). With this app, you can see how much power is left in your Band without having to plug it in to the charger.

wow great info vick... appreciate it... now to go get that band! lol

noochatsea

Don't know him personally but it does look like he has just done a good job of getting all the available information into one PDF. Not much skill required but handy...... I guess.