What's new

This has to go back...

jtuck82

I love my SP3. The thickness of the device is amazing. My only hope is that Microsoft updates the firmware for power plan changing. I found out how to off another thread to try out high performance using command prompt.

OP
L

liftbikerun

Those who are happy with their spending of their money need not justify it by negating very real problems those who have voiced here are experiencing. I get the need to justify, we all just spent a decent amount of dough on an upgrade to a machine which for all intents and purposes runs better, cooler, and faster than its upgrade when used for anything beyond watching youtube videos, surfing these forums to justify purchases, or email mom about this great new device that totally saves itself by clocking itself down to speeds slower than my cell phone to keep it from melting into a pile of goo.... koolaid boys keep sippin the koolaid.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
OK Peeps - lets keep it civil and don't belittle anyone's opinions or experiences. Lets keep it constructive and helpful.

1403757475512.jpgNot sure if this counts but I have Netflix playing a movie on one screen and YouTube on the other and I have a few Windows open surfing the Internet with no lag. I have no idea if this is pushing the limits but this is definitely not an ideal situation since I can't watch 2 things at once while Web browsing. The back of me SP3 is a bit warm and I have not heard the fan come on since I purchased the device on Monday. I can only imagine that running excel wouldn't use up all the resources on the tablet. Coming from a iPad air and MacBook pro combo I am truly impressed plus the design is premium.

Is there any other way to push the limits without having to download a program to do it?

Last edited:

RottenMutt

I love my SP3. The thickness of the device is amazing. My only hope is that Microsoft updates the firmware for power plan changing. I found out how to off another thread to try out high performance using command prompt.
can u link other thread?

CrippsCorner

View attachment 2337Not sure if this counts but I have Netflix playing a movie on one screen and YouTube on the other and I have a few Windows open surfing the Internet with no lag. I have no idea if this is pushing the limits but this is definitely not an ideal situation since I can't watch 2 things at once while Web browsing. The back of me SP3 is a bit warm and I have not heard the fan come on since I purchased the device on Monday. I can only imagine that running excel wouldn't use up all the resources on the tablet. Coming from a iPad air and MacBook pro combo I am truly impressed plus the design is premium.

Is there any other way to push the limits without having to download a program to do it?

What the hell are you watching? It looks like a before and after some Apple fanboy got hold of Panos Panay.

As for pushing the Surface to it's limits, I've found simultaneously running 5 YouTube videos in HD makes the fans sound like it's going to take off!

delti90

I think that I bought a different device than those coming here to let us know that they are returning it. Is there a forum for those who want to keep it or are just interested in tweaking it to make it better?:nerd:

Is there a forum for those that want to use this device to work no to play like teenagers on summer vacation?

Unbelievable!

I don't think me trying to stream a video and work in a spreadsheet is considered "playing like a teenager on summer vacation." If a $1300 device can't even handle that then I'm not sure it's worth keeping.

vanhalo

I don't think me trying to stream a video and work in a spreadsheet is considered "playing like a teenager on summer vacation." If a $1300 device can't even handle that then I'm not sure it's worth keeping.

When I purchased mine the BestBuy rep told me if I didnt like it that I could bring it back in within 15 days. That struck me as odd because I didnt ask about a return policy. SO I am reading these posts with careful attention to make sure I am keeping a winner and not a wiener. I also sold my SP2 on Ebay at a loss.

I have no complaints thus far.

What the hell are you watching? It looks like a before and after some Apple fanboy got hold of Panos Panay.

As for pushing the Surface to it's limits, I've found simultaneously running 5 YouTube videos in HD makes the fans sound like it's going to take off!

Lol... That's inside combat rescue. First thing I clicked on in Netflix.
But that's my point! 5 HD YouTube videos? Come on man who does that? I want real life scenarios. Instead of trying to game on a 1,300 dollar tablet pc go out and get a 400 dollar ps4. Never understood spending thousands in PC gaming. Didn't a kid almost start world war 3 trying to do that? "shall we play a game" lol

Last edited:

Klownicle

Lol... That's inside combat rescue. First thing I clicked on in Netflix.
But that's my point! 5 HD YouTube videos? Come on man who does that? I want real life scenarios. Instead of trying to game on a 1,300 dollar tablet pc go out and get a 400 dollar ps4. Never understood spends thousands in PC gaming. Didn't a kid almost start world war 3 trying to do that? "shall we play a game" lol

Or you could use Steam Streaming... works flawlessly for me.