What's new

This thing rules

magicrobots

I've had my Surface RT since launch, and I just picked up the Pro this morning. My RT is going on EBay (unless anybody here would like it? It's in great shape!).

After playing with the device and installing ACTUAL APPLICATIONS I feel like this is what Microsoft's vision of Windows 8 is all about. It's a tablet when I want it to be a tablet, and when I want to rock some serious computing the Desktop mode is there.

It is so fast.

It is so nice.

It is a little heavy, but that's my only issue with it - but it's not awful.

I'm a happy camper.

*installed steam, visual studio, sublime text, chrome, spotify ... etc*

Nemesis296

*installed steam, visual studio, sublime text, chrome, spotify ... etc*

What version of visual studio are you running? I'm looking at getting 2012 myself, but I definitely need it to run speedily on the Pro for it to be worth the eventual purchase!

Enjoy the Pro, I find it to be a pretty amazing device as well :)

OP
magicrobots

magicrobots

I'm running Visual Studio 2012 for Windows Phone and Windows 8 at the moment. Haven't opened up any projects yet to test it out. I'll let you know how it is!

OP
magicrobots

magicrobots

Oh I just had to add, I don't know if anybody else has noticed; but the tolerances for the Pro hardware seem way better. The sleep and volume buttons are much tighter and have a better, more positive feeling. Like an old Leica Camera, as Steve Jobs would have said. :) I found the RT to be a bit less perfect.

J515OP

Super Moderator
MS has acknowledge some design improvements to the Pro based on RT user feedback. All part of being an early adopter on the RT I suppose.

ArnoldC

If and when I buy it, I hope the VaporMG coating won't disintegrate again like on my Surface RT. :LOL: