What's new

Three questions

masak

1. How do you remove birthdays from your calender app? I think they were added automaticaly from facebook and i would like to delete some of them.. 2. Is there any antivirus app that you use? I would really like to insatall one, you are never to safe. 3. How do i turn on battery empty notification? In the settings it says that it is turned on, but ive never seen a notification, it always shut down suddenly, when i dont expect it. Thank you very much for your help!

kulti

I don't know about the calender. As for an antivirus program, RT already has Defender pre-installed which is sufficient in my opinion. There is a separate thread on antivirus programs, you might want to check that for what other guys have to say about it. I didn't change anything about battery notifications on my RT and have no problems with it. What I did change though was the percentages in battery options through the Desktop. And I do remember there was a thread about that as well :)

bosamar

1. If your calendar is synced with Skydrive (MS Account) you can edit it there. I'm not sure how FB calendar can link to your calendar but you can change your calendar settings in FB by going to 'Events' then Settings (icon) and Change Calendar Settings and uncheck 'Show Suggested Events'
2. There is no anti-virius for RT as it's not needed. It's virtually impossible to become infected because the program would have to write to the RT OS.... the same reason you can't run legacy Win programs...
3. At present I think the only thing you can do is turn it on in settings.... and view the current level on Charms Bar (pop-up box on left with Day/Date etc.) and on the Desktop.

OP
M

masak

Thank you all. Ive successfuly deleted birthdays from my calendar. Ive forgot to ask one more question where can i see browsing history in metro ie?

R0bR

Thank you all. Ive successfuly deleted birthdays from my calendar. Ive forgot to ask one more question where can i see browsing history in metro ie?

Doesn't really have browsing history but has something a bit similar, swipe up from the bottom then click in the address bar. You will see some icon sites labeled as Frequent, you can swipe those to the left to get the full list and also to get to your favorites. Desktop IE retains browsing history for Metro IE as well.

K4ot1K

I don't see a need for an AV, but I would like to see if Lookout is availible or will be for the Surface.