What's new

Tides Starting to Change?

hypokondriak

Of course there will be an influx of new posters, convertors due to the new products. However it is interesting to me all the new users coming here with positive experiences so far and then I also saw this ZDnet article today: Surface 2: Thinking different about my device experience | ZDNet

A lot of us had said it here, if people just spent some time with the product with an open mind they might be a little surprised. I hope the tides are starting to change because if the app situation gets better there is little reason left to stand on the sidelines.

This is the device and OS experience they should have shipped last year. Most people I know who've tried the S2, or at least the RT running 8.1 are pretty impressed by it.

beman39

yea true, but like all things in life, when you first start out it is a learning curve, then as it matures it will get better and better! just like all the other devices out there suffer from the same thing when they first started

sashlon

Well, hopefully the quality of the Surface devices is speaking for itself. I still think that Windows tablets will be number 1 in time, they're so much more capable. Now we just need the Store to reach parity with the others.

Well, hopefully the quality of the Surface devices is speaking for itself. I still think that Windows tablets will be number 1 in time, they're so much more capable. Now we just need the Store to reach parity with the others.

Yep. Between the size and app selection, I'm considering an iPad Mini as a companion device.

beman39

funny as I met with this person who was buying my Surface 1 keyboard and he got rid of his iPad in favor of the S2 because it was a lot more functional for him than the iPad! so people are def starting to see