What's new

Time to RMA SP2 due to the mSD-battery drain bug?

jrapdx

Wow! I haven't been reading in this forum for a while, had work to do, using SP2 a lot for it.

Still had the high CPU startup problem, so a nice surprise to learn about the article "You experience high CPU activity ...". Installed the firmware, restarted--went through 4 cycles before normal start. This whole patch was in all ways OOB.

We'll see if the problem is "cured", but a big thanks to the alert SP2 forum members who spread the word about the fix.

yeewiz

is there any correlation of this bug with the cpu, 4200 vs. 4300? I have a 4300 and haven't experienced it yet even though I have a microSD in all the time.

No, it is not.

I believe this issue is way more widespread than it seems, because many people will only notice their SFPros getting "warmer" and losing battery life.

OP
E

eee

Installed the patch and if anything it's even worse now. I get about 3 hours with an mSD installed.

beq

How did you manage to get Microsoft to post a patch so promptly, specially when we've bene complaining for months?

It works great so far.
For me too. But anyone noticed the FW file dates are from at least a month ago? And it's still an OOB hotfix even now, not scheduled for Windows Update till June. :D