What's new

$ to £ cheaper Surfaces?

Bazzer

With the £ being as high now as 2008 £1.70 to $1.
We should have cheaper Surface 3 etc.
Will that happen?
Time to look at EBay.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The prices are not based on Currency Conversion, each market is based on local conditions and local expenses....

OP
B

Bazzer

Ok for you to say that in USA. In uk you get less choice (eg no docking station) and less salaries but have to pay more.
Something's wrong there or is it we are being ripped off.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I don't control the prices, heck I don't work for MS.....but I know that each area/country has a local Microsoft Subsidiary that sets local prices based on the local market conditions. Another example, in Europe many of the Technology Prices in Euros are the same price in dollars, I've seen ATOM Tablets for 300 Euro that cost $300 USD, but that makes the European Price 60% higher....

Things seem to pricier in Europe, and of course our friends down under spend even more on their technology....

OP
B

Bazzer

Just having a friendly rant. Biggest frustration is when items are sold in USA and not in Europe. Sony are bad for that.

scfoster

Ok for you to say that in USA. In uk you get less choice (eg no docking station) and less salaries but have to pay more.
Something's wrong there or is it we are being ripped off.

Which is why I chose not to live in Old Blighty, cross the pond and live with the Colonists in America. :big smile:

But don't worry... with the current rate of spending, we'll be up to European pricing standards soon enough.

Hmmmm, Costa Rica looks cheap these days.....

CrippsCorner

Never heard of rip-off-Britain!?

On the good side of things, the currency conversation rate is the the highest it's been for GBP since 2008, and I go on holiday in August, bonus :)

Zkyevolved

Not only Britain, all of Europe in general. I am in Spain. I got the SP2 in the US with the warranty. The warranty in the USA is 150 dollars. It's 300 euros in Spain. So that's like 425 dollars? Hmm... What a rip off :). I got it for, quite literally, half price, buying it in the USA while I was there.