What's new

Today's firmware update 6/23/2015

Zog1971

Hi all. I just had a firmware update dated with today's date. It took a while for the update process to complete but all was successful. I can't find anywhere that tells me what this update addressed. Can one of you smart folks enlighten me or point me in the right direction? Thanks!

doctormeatusa

Mine kicked in just now. I checked on the Microsoft site and here is what they list as included in today's release:

• Surface Pro UEFI update (v3.11.950.0) adds support for new features in Windows 10.
  • Wireless Network Controller and Bluetooth driver update (v15.68.3091.193) improves the system stability and the Wi-Fi connectivity experience, also increases the network download performance.
  • SATA AHCI Controller driver update (v9.4.0.1028) stabilizes deployment methodology on Surface Pro 3.

OP
Zog1971

Zog1971

Thanks! Ha! dajogejr that link is super fun. :) I had googled using "surface pro 3 firmware 6/23/2015" and was getting old information. Figured others would also want to know. Thanks for the info doctormeatusa! I was feeling like my wifi was a bit speedier and looks like that was something they addressed.

dajogejr

Glad you took that in stride and with a smile..:)
I actually had the tab open when I read your post, so I decided to have a little fun..
Enjoy.

leeshor

Glad you took that in stride and with a smile..:)
I actually had the tab open when I read your post, so I decided to have a little fun..
Enjoy.
The shame is that the results needed/requested weren't there. ;);)

Bing didn't do any better. ;)

Skydexter

Go to the settings, change PC settings, update and recovery, windows update, and you can click on Check Now or View Details and install from there.

It doesn't show on windows update, that's why i wanted to know if there was a way to manually install it :)