What's new

Toooo Good to be TRUE!!!

Unix82

Hi every one,

I found the below offer for the Surface Pro 4 i7, 256 GB SSD, and 16 GB RAM , with price 5049 AED ~= $1383, which is less that MS price by almost $400 !!! :eek:

I'm a little cautious now for such a deal, but this retailer souq.com is a very well known in the MEA region.

Can you please advise what are the reason behind such price? maybe is it from china?? and if yes, what are the differences between USA and china versions? is it only the TPM?

Here is the link:
Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Tablet - Intel Core i7, 256 GB, 16 GB, WiFi, Windows 10 Pro, Silver price, review and buy in UAE, Dubai, Abu Dhabi | Souq.com

Last edited:

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
If by "from China" you mean a knockoff Id be a little surprised but I guess it's possible. More likely someone muffed the currency exchange and the price is off.

OP
U

Unix82

No, I didn't mean that its a knockoff, but maybe the retailer bring it from china, and if yes, Are there any differences between US and China versions?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pricing in other countries is usually based on monetary exchange rates + Value Added Taxes and other import fees/taxes etc. I don't see how importing from China or anyotherwhere would magically create a low sale price.
Id speculate that prices would fluctuate on a floating average + margin to help avoid sales at below value.

Never heard of any differences in devices except language support and keyboard layouts. Manufacturing different physical devices would not likely happen. Even in the last century it was common to manufacture units with the same features and enable or disable as needed rather than make different models. Imagine the logistical nightmare that would be.

IMO, If this price is exceptionally low it's likely a mistake, they do happen.

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
I bought my Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i7, 256, 8GB - here in Germany for 1800.00 Euros - which comes out to just below $2000.00 US - I bought it just after it came out as I couldn't wait. I would make sure I have a clear and concise understanding of the sites return policy and warranty coverage. Lets say you get your machine and out of box it doesn't work. Can you return it? Is it a guaranteed "new Product", or has it perhaps been "refurbished(aka - used and reloaded). How many hours were logged on the machine if it is "refurbished" - As for me I would only spend this much coin on something I can return immediately provided there are any issues. Please keep in mind that most retail GIANTS now a days are directing the end user to the manufacturer for any issues, and will not fulfill any warranty issues.

OP
U

Unix82

I bought my Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i7, 256, 8GB - here in Germany for 1800.00 Euros - which comes out to just below $2000.00 US - I bought it just after it came out as I couldn't wait. I would make sure I have a clear and concise understanding of the sites return policy and warranty coverage. Lets say you get your machine and out of box it doesn't work. Can you return it? Is it a guaranteed "new Product", or has it perhaps been "refurbished(aka - used and reloaded). How many hours were logged on the machine if it is "refurbished" - As for me I would only spend this much coin on something I can return immediately provided there are any issues. Please keep in mind that most retail GIANTS now a days are directing the end user to the manufacturer for any issues, and will not fulfill any warranty issues.

Yes, their warranty is very good , their return policy is good too.