What's new

Top 5 Killer Apps

RonNitro

@MHC48

Thank you for the link.
After reaing the article I went to Nitrodesk - TouchDown for ... - and saw that they have an iOS app in the Apple AppStore. As I am fond of their app for Android devices I might try their iOS app and of course, once I have the surface, the Windows RT app.

EziConnect might be another good alternative for the surface.

Thanks again.

Knut

Sorry to necro this thread, but since there is another thread going on this already, i'd like to point all you guys to the beta version of TouchDown for Windows. (WinRT AND Windows 8).

You can grab it here.

s-tabletfan

You really dont need an App for facebook, twitter etc lol.......Just use the PEOPLES app which is amazing. OR use the web browser and PIN the page to the start menu.

What i would really love is the VLC app!!!! lol.......And if you check out kickstarter it looks like they will meet their goal, if VLC comes out for windows 8/RT OMG that would be amazing!!!!

Wow, am I behind! If you have VLC on your desktop, why can't you have it on your Surface 8?

Sin

Wow, am I behind! If you have VLC on your desktop, why can't you have it on your Surface 8?
You can use the current VLC in Windows 8, not in Windows RT. The Kickstarter, which was funded, is to create a Windows Store app the will have a Metro interface and work on Windows RT as well as Windows 8.

s-tabletfan

You can use the current VLC in Windows 8, not in Windows RT. The Kickstarter, which was funded, is to create a Windows Store app the will have a Metro interface and work on Windows RT as well as Windows 8.

That just seems weird. I have VLC on my desktop and on the Sony S.

Doesn't look like I will ever get a Surface 8. What is the Cisco app?:smile:

Sin

Cisco AnyConnect is a VPN client that does not exist for RT and has caused a lot of complaints.