What's new

Top 5 Killer Apps

machistmo

SSL VPN CLIENT
FULL BLOWN OUTLOOK
BOARDBOOKS
OTHER Security options - DEFENDER doesn't fill me with confidence.
OUTLOOK - did I mention OUTLOOK? OK then.

rsanchis

Seavus Project Viewer software for viewing Microsoft Project plans is excelent bussiness app for Windows 8RT.

pallentx

What are yall looking for in Outlook? Windows RT seems to have gone a similar route as the iPad and other tablets with separate apps from mail, cal, contacts, etc... Is it the advanced features like setting up meetings, resources, availability and such or is it wanting everything in one app? I find that for everything I do on the go, the separate apps are just fine. If I do need the other functions, I think I could drop into Outlook Web Access for most of that for occasional advanced tasks. I just dont find myself missing Outlook.

As for other apps...
- a robust Facebook app would be handy, though the people tab does 80% of what I want in FB. The ability to easily post a photo to FB is needed.
- VNC and SSH/Telnet
- Google +
- Better Photo and Music apps. I'm finding the built-in apps frustrating and limited.
- App support for a credit card service like Square, etc

I miss GPS - would it be possible for a 3rd party to add a UPB GPS device to get real location in maps?

tomba

What are yall looking for in Outlook? Windows RT seems to have gone a similar route as the iPad and other tablets with separate apps from mail, cal, contacts, etc... Is it the advanced features like setting up meetings, resources, availability and such or is it wanting everything in one app? I find that for everything I do on the go, the separate apps are just fine. If I do need the other functions, I think I could drop into Outlook Web Access for most of that for occasional advanced tasks. I just dont find myself missing Outlook.

As for other apps...
- a robust Facebook app would be handy, though the people tab does 80% of what I want in FB. The ability to easily post a photo to FB is needed.
- VNC and SSH/Telnet
- Google +
- Better Photo and Music apps. I'm finding the built-in apps frustrating and limited.
- App support for a credit card service like Square, etc

I miss GPS - would it be possible for a 3rd party to add a UPB GPS device to get real location in maps?
SSH is available: SSH Terminal Emulator app for Windows in the Windows Store

Personally I'd love to see GTA Vice City appear with support for the Xbox controller... (Still my favorite GTA ever)

Last edited:

Afy

Facebook, Twitter, Speedtest et al are avilable via the browser in destop mode or in the tile mode. So I dont see why one would want a dedicated app for any of these. IMHO its like saying you want a docu viewer app to open office documents.
Personally the only other apps I want are Google Earth, Visio and Project.

GreatWindows

You really dont need an App for facebook, twitter etc lol.......Just use the PEOPLES app which is amazing. OR use the web browser and PIN the page to the start menu.

What i would really love is the VLC app!!!! lol.......And if you check out kickstarter it looks like they will meet their goal, if VLC comes out for windows 8/RT OMG that would be amazing!!!!