What's new

Total battery life surface pro 2

Cristian

Hello,

I have been searching this forum but not findning an answer on my question. Maybe someone here have a good answer.

I am about to "update" my computer at home and about to by a surface pro 2 to have as a "main-computer".

My question:
The surface pro 2 have a Li-ion battery.
What about the "batery-life".
When I going to plug it in to my bigger screen and power it will always charge the surface pro.
- What happend when it´s fully charge? Will the current still go through the battery and "reduce" the battery life?
- Can i choose not to charge it every time to save the battery?

How long will the totaly battery life be befor I have to change battery? Can send it to MS so they can change battery or what?

Why I am asking i just becouse this will be my main-computer.

/Cristian

benjitek

It might be a good idea to call the Microsoft Store number, press the options for technical support and ask them your questions...?

mennogreg

If its plugged in and at 100%, the battery will trickle charge. Even if you do nothing and don't use it, the battery will still decline (although at a much lower rate, of course). Because you can't replace the battery or other internal components, a device like the Surface Pro is only meant to be used for about 3 years (more of course if you're willing to work around the reduced battery life and if the other components like the hard drive hold up). Then again there will be devices like the powered type cover, which will act as an additional battery. So in my opinion I wouldn't baby the device and worry about it too much.

It seems as if you already bought one, but the Surface Pro is ideally suited for those looking for a hybrid device or one that is very mobile. If it's going to be docked or connected to an external monitor all the time, there may be better devices out there (and perhaps much cheaper).

CrippsCorner

It might be a good idea to call the Microsoft Store number, press the options for technical support and ask them your questions...?

What's the point in this forum then? You could reply that to anything thread on here...

I tried 'online help' with EE the other day, and all they did was tell me to phone the help desk. Afterwards a review thing popped up and I gave the service 1/10 stating that it was completely useless having helpers, that can't help you! I don't see the point in it existing?

OP
C

Cristian

I called MS tech-service.
They told me:
- The battery is glued to the unit and it is not possible to change it, just like mennogreg mentioned.
- If there is any problem/foult whit the battery and you need to send it to MS so they can fix it. They will send you a new unit(new surface pro), becouse they can not change the battery.
- To make the battery life last longer, try to have the battery charge all the time between 40%-60% and 1 time/month let the battery drop down to about 5 % or when it is about to auto power off and recharge it to 100%.
- " What happend when it´s fully charge? Will the current still go through the battery and "reduce" the battery life" - I got no answer, or the didn´t know.

CrippsCorner

Replacing the battery is easy!
tongue.png

UuIRwits3D2wI46n.medium

r3adY6SKPOynLGLj.medium

kNHQTv4HPOqtIY3r.medium

OOlWvfRQRKlytQPY.medium

waS12exFa3A26QY4.medium