What's new

totally ripped off

absresin

Tale of woe. My SP3 17 256 died. Tech could not reset/refresh. Said a partition was missing so he gave me a number and I sent it in. Came back with no repair and a cracked screen!! Screen was NOT cracked when I sent it!! Also I forgot to remove my Micro card and it is missing too. $1500 down the drain plus add ons that I have no use for now. Kinda sad day here. Thanks for listening and your help on all the other problems you've helped me with.

Kris

do you have a copy of your original serial number, maybe the tech you went to does. I would check it against the SP3 you got back. Also call customer care and or where ever you sent it and see what they have to say. Totally BS to have to go through that but I am sure you can get it resolved. Wish you luck.

OP
A

absresin

do you have a copy of your original serial number, maybe the tech you went to does. I would check it against the SP3 you got back. Also call customer care and or where ever you sent it and see what they have to say. Totally BS to have to go through that but I am sure you can get it resolved. Wish you luck.
Thanks the unit serial number on the one that came back is the same as the one I sent in.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Get on the phone so Microsoft and plead your case. This has happened to a number of users on this forum and I believe that there were some stories of success.

And yes, send in the unit with any accessories, or even the retail box, and you will not get it back. This is a common practice.

OP
A

absresin

Get on the phone so Microsoft and plead your case. This has happened to a number of users on this forum and I believe that there were some stories of success.

And yes, send in the unit with any accessories, or even the retail box, and you will not get it back. This is a common practice.
I did call and mgr. took all my info. We'll see what happens.

Johnny365

When did you buy the Surface i7? No warranty? If you have a Microsoft Store close by, most electrical faults (no cracked screens or abuse) should have warranted a replacement at that moment without sending it off.

kundas1

that's why when I send in any and all tech like tablets! TAKE BEFORE PICS of screen and serial numbers for proof! I know this is a little late of advice, but this can help others who need to send in their device for repairs! even cell phones!

Kris

Twitter is a GREAT idea, if you go there it will make sure you get taken care. Just take a shower afterwards, gets rid of that dirty Twitter feeling.
Used this tactic on BestBuy when they were trying to screw me over. Got my issue taken care of the very next day.

CrippsCorner

Don't know why there's such hate for Twitter :) excellent way of getting issues resolved along with other things. Also the medium for how I won a Surface!