What's new

totally ripped off

OP
A

absresin

Not optami
Tale of woe. My SP3 17 256 died. Tech could not reset/refresh. Said a partition was missing so he gave me a number and I sent it in. Came back with no repair and a cracked screen!! Screen was NOT cracked when I sent it!! Also I forgot to remove my Micro card and it is missing too. $1500 down the drain plus add ons that I have no use for now. Kinda sad day here. Thanks for listening and your help on all the other problems you've helped me with.
Not believing I'll have any luck with my plea with Microsoft I ordered a refurb i3 64 so I can use dock, keyboard etc.

BOBEL

for all in the future if possible buy from costo or microsoft stores you will have no problems returns if it is within 30 days or costo is 90 days. this is my exprence works ok

OP
A

absresin

for all in the future if possible buy from costo or microsoft stores you will have no problems returns if it is within 30 days or costo is 90 days. this is my exprence works ok
Thanks for info many miles from M Store and never heard of Costco

OP
A

absresin

Tale of woe. My SP3 17 256 died. Tech could not reset/refresh. Said a partition was missing so he gave me a number and I sent it in. Came back with no repair and a cracked screen!! Screen was NOT cracked when I sent it!! Also I forgot to remove my Micro card and it is missing too. $1500 down the drain plus add ons that I have no use for now. Kinda sad day here. Thanks for listening and your help on all the other problems you've helped me with.
Took advice called Tech support talked to a manager. Assured me someone would follow up ie. call me or email NEVER HAPPENED of course but got me off the phone!

kozak79

Took advice called Tech support talked to a manager. Assured me someone would follow up ie. call me or email NEVER HAPPENED of course but got me off the phone!

You have to be vigilant. I had an issue with my SP3 where they sent me a broken unit as replacement. I sent it back, but they thought I still had it, took weeks to sort it out, but it only got sorted because I called nearly everyday until I spoke to someone from the Special Care team, which is based in the US. They got it sorted really quick. You have to be on it. Also, depending on which credit card you used, you can have the sort it too. American Express is great at fixing stuff like this, and gives you an extra year of warranty and 90 days of accidental damage or theft protection on all purchases.

malberttoo

that's why when I send in any and all tech like tablets! TAKE BEFORE PICS of screen and serial numbers for proof! I know this is a little late of advice, but this can help others who need to send in their device for repairs! even cell phones!

This is my method as well, try to get something in the image with a time and date stamp as well. Or have the stamp on the image itself. A couple times I have even printed off copies of the photos and included them WITH the returned device, just to try and head off any broken-screen shenanigans!