What's new

Touch cover 2 keeps stopping to work, have to keep unhooking it and snapping it back

macmee

Seemingly randomly, it can be every 2 minutes or every 5, input from my touch cover 2 (both mouse and keyboard), stops being detected by my Surface Pro 2, and the only solution I am aware of is to unhook the keyboard and snap it back in. When I do this it begins to work again but stops several minutes later.

Anyone know what gives?

OP
macmee

macmee

Today I noticed that after waiting ~3 minutes with it not working, it started working again...

OP
macmee

macmee

I'm beginning to assume that due to the lack of response I'm the only one who has suffered this issue, so today I'll be contacting Microsoft and asking them to ship me a new cover, I guess I'll have to ship this one back... and I really hope they pay for shipping because I live very far away from where this shipped and this could get expensive :(

On a side note, it seems that flipping the cover up to cover the screen of the surface and then flipping it back down fixes the problem. I'm still going to exchange the broken cover though because doing this every 5 minutes is highly annoying...

rtibbitts

I've had the issue 3-4 times in the last month. No idea why and thankful it's not been with the frequency that you've had

ignatz

It happens WAY too often as far as I'm concerned.
Both the SP2 and the Type Cover have proven to be regrettable purchases for me.
TOO MANY BUGS!!!

Omni

I had a issue with my touch cover and it turned out to be software related. A reinstall sorted it and its been fine since.

OP
macmee

macmee

I had a issue with my touch cover and it turned out to be software related. A reinstall sorted it and its been fine since.

damnit this sounds nasty.

I never had this issue with the touch cover 1.