What's new

Touch Cover makes sound is it normal? :S

ttxzee

Hi everyone,

My Surface RT touch cover makes a sound when I press the keys. see it in this video:

[video=youtube_share;3MWSAxpH0dc]http://youtu.be/3MWSAxpH0dc[/video]

Is it normal or is my touch cover defective? I am getting a little annoyed by that and want to know if I should replace the cover or not... I went to check the demo covers at a Microsoft store but because there were so many people I couldn't hear anything... :/

Please check your cover and let me know if it also makes that noise. Thanks! :)

ArnoldC

Of course, that's the audible click. If you are annoyed by it, go to the PC Settings, General, and turn it off.

BooMaLiCiOuS

I have noticed this a little more I use my touch keyboard. I have no clue if its a "defect" or if that's just the way it is... lol I haven't been too bothered by it, but it is noticeable for sure at moments.

ArnoldC, I don't think he was talking about the audio from the surface it self. In the video, the keyboard is not even connected.

ArnoldC

Please accept my apologies then as I missed the first part and my attention was when it was connected already.

I checked every key of my Touch Cover after watching it again, and I can say none makes that squeaky noise.

Perhaps it can be claimed for warranty, however, the keyboard is still working so I'm not so sure how it goes. But Microsoft has been very generous in replacement.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

TeknoBlast

If there's some sqeaky noise with the cover without having it connected to the tablet, then yeah, something may be wrong. I dont think any noise should come from the touch cover. The type cover I'd understand since it has actual keys.

compnovo

I just disconnected the touch cover from my Surface and tested it, and it isn't making any noise when I depress any of the keys.

J515OP

Super Moderator
I also have it primarily in the upper right corner. Most of the time I don't notice it. It doesn't really bother me and the cover still works so it is within my level of acceptance for device quirks. Almost all devices have some flaws you can nit pick and everybody has a different tolerance towards them. I am bugged far more by the squeaky space bar on my laptop than this.

borka105

My new touch cover is also having this same issue. So what is the verdict from others... do you also have this, or is this an anomaly? It is starting to annoy me the more and more I use it.

TPadden

My new touch cover is also having this same issue. So what is the verdict from others... do you also have this, or is this an anomaly? It is starting to annoy me the more and more I use it.

Can you not just read the previous posts? My verdict is: it doesn't annoy me at all if it annoys you :D!