What's new

Touch elements stop responding

wynand32

Has anyone else run into an issue with touch elements (e.g., app listings following a search in the Store) not responding to touch? I am, I think since the July firmware updates (but I can't be certain about that). For example, right now I can't click on the apps in the Store showing up from a search, even though touch is working elsewhere in the system.

I think this is a software issue and not hardware, because I can't click on those elements even with the touchpad. Whatever it is, the only resolution is to reboot.

cdf3

I've experienced the touch screen not respond twice within the 30 days I've owned it. For me, it has happened after booting up the device. I'm unable to swipe up to get to the lock screen. I have to use the trackpad on my Type Cover to get to the option to reboot my device. After a reboot, it starts working again. I'm wondering if it's a software bug of some sort, because I've had the same thing happen to me on my Surface Pro 2.

DanL

I had this happen 2 or 3 times during the first week the SP3 came out. As cdf3 described it was at start up and after a quick reboot everything was fine. I haven't seen any repeats since that first week.

Seneleron

Now that you mention it, I think I've had it happen about 2-3 times in the last month [wow, it's been a month already??]

I haven't had any issues since the first July firmware update [8th?]. I blamed this one (along with several other minor issues) on my type cover.

OP
wynand32

wynand32

Just to clarify, my issues hasn't been the touch screen not working, it's been some touch elements not responding. I haven't yet run into an instance where the touch screen has stopped working completely.

OP
wynand32

wynand32

Actually, I just had the same thing happen to me on my desktop. I opened the Store, and none of the app links work--I click on them, and they don't do anything, which is the same as I've experienced on my SP3. So, I now think this is a software issue with the Store, and not an issue with the SP3 at all.

annabanana

I've had this happen in the store too sporadically. At first I thought it was my imagination because it doesn't happen all the time. Good to know it's not just me.