What's new

Touch keyboard does'nt work

bosamar

1) Their may be a slight chance that it is not connected correctly. Happens 1 out of 100 times to me.

2) Try a reboot and see if that fixes it.

Nemesis296

1) Their may be a slight chance that it is not connected correctly. Happens 1 out of 100 times to me.

2) Try a reboot and see if that fixes it.

I didn't think the Touch Cover was supposed to turn the screen on. Mine hasn't ever turned on automatically. Hmm...

J515OP

Super Moderator
It actually can work that way.

Control Panel>Power Options>Choose what closing the lid does and choose sleep. Closing the cover should put it to sleep in about 3 seconds and opening should wake it to the lock screen in about 3 seconds (or less, really almost instantly). As bosamar said you may need to remove and reattach the keyboard or reboot from time to time if this doesn't seem to be working but most of the time it should work.

OP
M

Mozartwon

Actually, I tried this and it still does'nt work. May have to pay a visit to the Microsoft store where I bought it and get their help.

Nemesis296

Actually, I tried this and it still does'nt work. May have to pay a visit to the Microsoft store where I bought it and get their help.

Let me know how that goes for you. I'm also not having success with this option. My power setting has been set to Sleep the whole time when closing the lid and it doesn't wake automatically (after even 10 seconds). I always have to push a key to wake it up.

flight

On the Surface Getting Started Guide p. 26 (emphasis mine):

When you close Touch Cover, the screen turns off. The cover helps protect the touchscreen while you’re in transit. When you open the cover, Surface RT wakes up. Press a key to wake up Surface Pro.

Waking up is normal behavior for the RT, but not for the Pro. There's nothing wrong with your Touch Cover :)

Here is the link to the PDF: http://download.microsoft.com/downl...CA8AB978BC8/Surface_Getting_Started_guide.pdf

Nemesis296

Waking up is normal behavior for the RT, but not for the Pro. There's nothing wrong with your Touch Cover :)

Interesting. I'm surprised to see that this was designed to work with RT, but they took the feature OUT with the Pro. I never understand why companies do that.

Mr.NK

Super Moderator
Maybe the missing support of connected standby could be the answer, since only ARM and Intel Atom-chips are currently supporting this feature and the gyro-sensor in the cover has to get some power and response by the system.