What's new

"Touch Keyboard" not working at all

Zo Shah

Hey guys

When I first upgraded to Windows 10 on the SP3, everything was working well. I've noticed over the last couple of days that my Touch Keyboard is simply not working. it doesn't matter if I'm in tablet mode or PC mode.

Even if I take off the type cover, the touch keyboard will not come up when I press on the screen to enter text into a box. If I'm in tablet mode, there is no icon for the touch keyboard. If I'm in PC mode, there is the icon, but it doesn't work. Clicking on it will not bring up the touch keyboard

Any ideas on how to fix this?

OP
Z

Zo Shah

I had it working for a few days, but now it's back to not showing the keyboard in the taskbar. Currently can not get the keyboard to pop up. Nobody else having this issue?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nope. Might be time for a reset. I'm doing one right now :) MS have absolutely screwed the pooch with this launch. It's pretty pathetic if i'm honest. Why set yourself a launch date that they must clearly have known would not be viable. The opposition to the changes in 8 seem trivial compared to the absolute bug fest that is 10 How they managed to take the TP, and somehow make it worse upon launching the official release is beyond me.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey, sounds like your doing better than me... when my touch keyboard doesn't work the Type Cover doesn't work either. Sometimes I cant logon/unlock because of no keyboard functionality, Reboot, maybe it works maybe it doesn't.