What's new

Touch Screen Monitor Acer 21.5 Inch Android DA2220HQL

Touch Screen Monitor Acer 21.5 Inch Android DA220HQL

I've ordered an Acer 21.5-Inch HD Touchscreen Android 4.0 All-in-one Desktop PC (DA220HQL) as a touch screen monitor to go with the SP. I don't know how well it will work or if it will work but the concept seems pretty intresting to me. Not only should it hopefully act as a monitor for the SP but it is smart enough for many low level job as an Android based computer. Does any one have any experience with these as monitors or over sized tablets? It looks like it will become a kitchen wall resident.

•21.5" HD Optical 2-Point Multi-Touch Display (1920 x 1080) resolution
•TI OMAP 4430, dual-core ARM Coretex-A9 (1GHz)
•Android 4.0 Operating System (Ice Cream Sandwich)
•8GB Internal Storage
•1GB RAM Memory
•MicroSD memory slot up to 32GB
•802.11b/g/n Wireless (802.11n 2.4GHz only)
•Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
•Built-in 1.2 MP Front Facing Camera
•2 integrated speakers, 1 watt per speaker
•1 - Micro USB 2.0 Port (monitor touch-control input to PC)
•2- USB 3.0 Ports
•1 - Micro HDMI-in Port
•Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
•1-year limited warranty.

The story behind this acquisition is kind of interesting as well. It goes back to an early 2000 time frame purchase of an e-machines computer which was pretty much junk and was take out of commision by a lightning storm. Fast forward 13 years or so and I received a registration card for a class action suit against e-machines. Well this week I received credit for almost $400 towards purchase of computers, tablets, or monitors and I put $315 of it towards this monitor. We'll see if it is worth it.

Last edited:

N.G.

So, how is it working? Considering giving up on the SP as a tablet/mobile device because the WiFi s#@%s so bad (freezes, loses the signal -even with an external adapter pulling in a strong signal, it stops for something WiFi related 4-5 times a day), sticking it in the office next to the router with a monitor to replace the desktop, and getting something else. Could swap it for a SP2, but I see no indication MS has acknowledged the SP WiFi defects, so no faith they have fixed it in the SP2, and I'd feel like an idiot to buy another Surface with the same problem.