What's new

Touch won't work if you use Pen

digiraiter

Hello
I think I'm facing a Problem
when I installed Photoshop, I noticed that Touch Gestures won't work if I use Pen
After using pen, I must wait 5~10 Sec for Touch to get Active again
First I thought it's a Problem in Photoshop Settings
then I noticed that it's like that in entire windows
for example
if I try to move a window with pen
and then put pen aside and try to do it with touch
it won't work
I must wait 5~10 Sec and then I can move that window with touch too
what can I do in my settings to make my Pen & Touch workflow smoother?
Thank you

Last edited:

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome.

From my experience, this is not normal. It sounds like it might be an idea to either do a system reset, else reinstall all touch and pen drivers.

It would be interesting to see whether this issue existed prior to the installation of photoshop

OP
digiraiter

digiraiter

I just got my Surface pro 4
I only installed "Windows 10 Creators Update"
and then Photoshop CC 2017

and Honestly I think the problem was there before I install Photoshop because I new that Pen works better and faster than my Touch
but in few hours I start testing it, I didn't notice it and during that time i changed some settings that might cause it
changes like increasing Text size or High Contrast mode of windows
It seems I must make a Video about this and put it on youtube

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think there is any need for a video, your original post seems very self explanatory, and it is not normal behaviour.

Cuchulainn

Perhaps going into Settings -> Devices -> Bluetooth and Other Devices. Click the Surface Pen and remove the device and then re-pair the pen. See if that may clear the issue?

OP
digiraiter

digiraiter

I Just Reset my Surface Pro 4
After Loading up a Fresh Windows without any Settings Change or Update, I tested it
and it was Still there
Now It's look like a Software Bug to me that need an Update
I hope new update would Improve this Lag Time when you switch from pen to touch
Still, if you know a way to change some settings for decreasing this Lag time, Please tell it here
Thanks

malarkyarts

Hello
I think I'm facing a Problem
when I installed Photoshop, I noticed that Touch Gestures won't work if I use Pen
After using pen, I must wait 5~10 Sec for Touch to get Active again
First I thought it's a Problem in Photoshop Settings
then I noticed that it's like that in entire windows
for example
if I try to move a window with pen
and then put pen aside and try to do it with touch
it won't work
I must wait 5~10 Sec and then I can move that window with touch too
what can I do in my settings to make my Pen & Touch workflow smoother?
Thank you
Did you get anywhere with this? I'm having a similar problem. Not exactly the same issue but the machine will stop responding to touch input straight after pen input (like you show), or it will act as if it's being touched by a single finger, or it will pinch to zoom and draw with one finger whilst the zooming is taking place.
I've had this with 2 spro4 machines. My replacement from MS did is straight out of the box. I've now exchanged for a new Spro i7 8gb and guess what? It does exactly the same!
It's driving me insane. MS support say that this is and unknown issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards

Andy

OP
digiraiter

digiraiter

Did you get anywhere with this? I'm having a similar problem. Not exactly the same issue but the machine will stop responding to touch input straight after pen input (like you show), or it will act as if it's being touched by a single finger, or it will pinch to zoom and draw with one finger whilst the zooming is taking place.
I've had this with 2 spro4 machines. My replacement from MS did is straight out of the box. I've now exchanged for a new Spro i7 8gb and guess what? It does exactly the same!
It's driving me insane. MS support say that this is and unknown issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards

Andy

Thanks for your Reply
Unfortunatly, no
The Problem is Still there for Both Windows and Photoshop Functions
The only thing is that Clip Studio Paint (Manga Studio) Don't Have this Problem
Every time I Download an Update for Windows 10, I hope that this problem be Solved, But until now It been Like what I showed in the Video
Only thing we can do ts to find people with same problem and make some noise about it to bring Microsoft Priority about Working on this Issue higher

malarkyarts

How frustrating. I'm tempted to return this for a refund. It's so peculiar that I've had this identical problem on 3 machines, yet nobody else seems to be experiencing the fault, apart from you.
I tested clip paint today and it seems to work ok. It fails to respond sometimes for me, but not often. I wonder if it's something to do with the way zoom and rotate are separate movements and can't be combined. Fresh paint, which has zoom only and no pinch rotate also works without error. However Artrage, Sketchbook, Sketchable are all totally unusable because. They all fail to deal with rapid changes between pen and touch.
Fingers crossed for some solution.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
It's so peculiar that I've had this identical problem on 3 machines, yet nobody else seems to be experiencing the fault, apart from you.

Hey @malarkyarts ,

I'm wondering if you have some software interfering with the pen and mouse. You are certainly a power (graphics) user. So perhaps your combination of software exposes some Windows deficiency, that few have discovered.