What's new

TouchDown email client from NitroDesk

BWepp

Is now on beta for Windows 8/RT...

Any brave souls who would like to try? :D

I would love to. However, my company has standardized on Good for Enterprise. :-(

I "tried" to connect anyway via the Touchdown beta client, but I don't believe my IT org supports Exchange ActiveSync either. Or I just may be doing it wrong. :p

RonNitro

Hi All!

I'm Ron Goins, one of the guys at NitroDesk Inc, the people who make TouchDown.

We're super happy to have as many of you as possible try out the beta of TouchDown For Windows! It doesn't even require bravery.

The application is only a couple weeks away from launch and will be available in the Windows Marketplace. (just in time for the Surface Pro launch :)

Please go to our website and run the install script and bang on the application for a while. We're very keen on getting as much feedback from hard-core users as possible. Let us know what you like, what you don't and features that you'd like to see. No holds barred. Please sned your feedback to the TouchDown for Windows support alias

Regarding BWepp's post about Good for Enterprise, most GFE installations blow away any ActiveSync connections by default, so it's pretty unlikely that you'll be able to connect. A shame really, because GFE blows so completely.

mrasmussen

I hear folks complaining about the interface good forces you into. Nitrodesk, atleast for other platforms, has a better interface.

RonNitro

truth be told, we get lots of folks complaining about our interface being "too windows 95".

can't pelase everyone, right?

When we put together the elements of TD4Win, we looked at the full-on Metro UI, but decided that we definitely wanted people to instantly know that it was NOT Windows Mail. and to be honest, the hard edges of a true metro UI are super-hard to look at all day, and we know how much time we all spend looking at our mail client, right? Personally, i think a little colour is good in a UI you have to look at all the time. :)

BWepp

Hi All!

I'm Ron Goins, one of the guys at NitroDesk Inc, the people who make TouchDown.

We're super happy to have as many of you as possible try out the beta of TouchDown For Windows! It doesn't even require bravery.

The application is only a couple weeks away from launch and will be available in the Windows Marketplace. (just in time for the Surface Pro launch :)

Please go to our website and run the install script and bang on the application for a while. We're very keen on getting as much feedback from hard-core users as possible. Let us know what you like, what you don't and features that you'd like to see. No holds barred. Please sned your feedback to the TouchDown for Windows support alias

Regarding BWepp's post about Good for Enterprise, most GFE installations blow away any ActiveSync connections by default, so it's pretty unlikely that you'll be able to connect. A shame really, because GFE blows so completely.
Thanks for jumping in on the forums Ron. This looks like a great app. I have to work with my IT Dept (beg & plead) for some way to give it a thorough try out. I work for a very large (Fortune 100) company so they're not into "exceptions."

TeknoBlast

Looked over the screenshots and I like it. I don't like installing preview or beta products, so I'll wait for the final release. Thanks!

RonNitro

So how do I get this to work with my live account?

hiya, "boo". (seriously?)

TouchDown is an Exchange-ONLY application.

You can, however try using m.hotmail.com.

Oddly, Microsoft doesn't fully support the ActiveSync protocol in Hotmail/Live, so there may be small things like categories and flags which don't seem to work properly. (Google does this too, but for god's sake...it's a MICROSOFT product.)

Fuill Settings are:

• Windows Live Hotmail Exchange ActiveSync server address: m.hotmail.com
  • Windows Live Hotmail Exchange ActiveSync domain: (leave empty)
  • Windows Live Hotmail Exchange ActiveSync user name: Your full Windows Live Hotmail address (e.g. [email protected])
  • Windows Live Hotmail Exchange ActiveSync password: Your Windows Live Hotmail password
  • Windows Live Hotmail Exchange ActiveSync TLS/SSL encryption required: yes

Mr.NK

Super Moderator
Aw: TouchDown email client from NitroDesk

Ok, so I've set it up with my live-account, updated to .84 and it synced everything - except my mails (but it fetches my folders). The ui is easy to use, but you definitely have to update the graphics. You don't have to use a metro-style theme, but something less 90ies.
Some buttons could be larger and a live tile with a calendar/mail-view would be ++