What's new

TouchDown email client from NitroDesk

RonNitro

Yeah, the client is not placing subfolders in ABC order. Also like to add that my subfolders are not immediately under the Inbox, it's outside the Inbox. So dont know if that makes a difference. So for example, what I see in outlook.com, I have the standard Inbox, Delete, Sent folders...then right after the standard folders, I have my own folders. Those folders I created are not in ABC order and within those folders, the client never loaded the messages. Here's the folder struction in my outlook.com account.

I'll have to add a picture of Touchdown when I get home tonight.

View attachment 289

We definitely need to see a log and see what's going on in there.

can you fwd that to me directly when you get home?

[email protected]

TeknoBlast

So I uninstalled TD and then installed it again from the MS Store. It has a totally different color scheme and the icons are different. I like it. My subfolders did list in ABC order, so that's good, but messages in the subfolders are not displayed. I'll send you my log directly.

TeknoBlast

OHH!!!! I see what the deal is. Alright, so this is what I had to do to display messages in the subfolders. At default, all my subfolders are not set to bold. I right-click on each subfolder, then those subfolders turns bold. After they are bold, you can sync them. It takes a while to sync since most of those messages are old.

I guess I'm good for now.

RonNitro

OHH!!!! I see what the deal is. Alright, so this is what I had to do to display messages in the subfolders. At default, all my subfolders are not set to bold. I right-click on each subfolder, then those subfolders turns bold. After they are bold, you can sync them. It takes a while to sync since most of those messages are old.

I guess I'm good for now.

Ah, yes. sorry, i should have suggested that first. The user guide will be published later this week, which explains this sort of things in greater detail.

Glad you like the colour changes, there are lots more things to come! By all means, do let us know if there's something you wish to see.

TeknoBlast

Ah, yes. sorry, i should have suggested that first. The user guide will be published later this week, which explains this sort of things in greater detail.

Glad you like the colour changes, there are lots more things to come! By all means, do let us know if there's something you wish to see.

Will we see an option in any future updates to edit the default font and set it to what we want? I think that's our biggest gripe with the MS Mail app.

RonNitro

Will we see an option in any future updates to edit the default font and set it to what we want? I think that's our biggest gripe with the MS Mail app.

yep, it's on the feature list. Full edit capability, fonts, colour, size, etc.

Admittedly though, it's a down the list a bit. S/MIME comes first. :)

RonNitro

Can somebody post a few screenshots please...

here you go Arnold!

Screenshot (80).png

Screenshot (85).png

Screenshot (88).png

OP
ArnoldC

ArnoldC

Thank you Ron. I personally like the simplistic and intuitive UI. I wish we still run on Exchange...