What's new

TouchMe Gesture Control Studio - Configure your own finger swipe gestures

mennogreg

Just came across this app for the Surface Pro line:

TouchMe Gesture Studio | Yashar Bahman

Which allows you to configure multiple finger gestures (for example, a three finger swipe to move to the next browser tab, a 5 finger pinch in to go to the start screen, etc). Looks very promising!

Last edited:

dRuEFFECT

whaaaaaaaaaat!

Definitely trying this on my SP2 tonight.. This has been something I've been looking for for months.

OP
M

mennogreg

Ok, just went through an installed it. It's terrific! It gives you almost full control of the entire touch interface, making the surface pro finally a multi-touch device.

Also I was mistaken in the earlier post, it just installs in your startup (so it runs in the background), but you can quit the the app at any time on the taskbar, reverting to the default touch configuration.

ybahman

Hey guys, dev here. That's right! The installer is actually extremely basic. There are no system files modified in the process. Besides indicating the app as an "installed" program that launches at startup, all the installer does is download/copy some files to the correct place. Namely:

%AppData%\AppsolutelyApps\TouchMe
AKA: C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\AppsolutelyApps\TouchMe

Let me know how you like and if you have any other questions!

macmee

Hey guys, dev here. That's right! The installer is actually extremely basic. There are no system files modified in the process. Besides indicating the app as an "installed" program that launches at startup, all the installer does is download/copy some files to the correct place. Namely:

%AppData%\AppsolutelyApps\TouchMe
AKA: C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\AppsolutelyApps\TouchMe

Let me know how you like and if you have any other questions!

Going to try it now.

Does this consume battery life to use?

OP
M

mennogreg

Going to try it now.

Does this consume battery life to use?

I had the Gesture Control app when running my battery tests, and I was getting 8-9 hours when doing so, so I would say no, it doesn't affect battery life. It doesn't use much, if any, CPU (whenever I check Task Manager, it's at 0%), and uses about 20-30MB RAM.

macmee

I had the Gesture Control app when running my battery tests, and I was getting 8-9 hours when doing so, so I would say no, it doesn't affect battery life. It doesn't use much, if any, CPU (whenever I check Task Manager, it's at 0%), and uses about 20-30MB RAM.

8-9 hours? That's quite a long battery! Do you wifi?

OP
M

mennogreg

BillJ

This is an application that I could recommend to anyone. The license fee is very reasonable. The flexibility to add and modify multiple touch gestures has been very helpful to me. I am grateful also that my license has allowed me to install this application of 3 of my Windows 8 devices, and they all work perfectly.

OP
M

mennogreg

This is an application that I could recommend to anyone. The license fee is very reasonable. The flexibility to add and modify multiple touch gestures has been very helpful to me. I am grateful also that my license has allowed me to install this application of 3 of my Windows 8 devices, and they all work perfectly.

I passed this along to several windows news sites, and not one has bothered to mention this app (yet they keep posting yet another photo editing app), which is the only app I know of that allows you to configure touch control. One particular gesture I love is a 5 finger swipe left/right that snaps an app to the side, which is much more convenient then tapping to the left side and dragging the app, holding it there for 2 seconds, etc.