What's new

TouchMousePointer - Emulate touchpad on touchscreen devices

SEANT

That has not been an issue for you yet? Not many legacy application UIs are scaled appropriately for smaller screen tablets. Plus, "Hover" functionality remains a problem with a touch only interface.

OP
X

X3n0n

Why would you need an on screen touchpad for a full touch input device? LOL how lame is that.

Try to use the desktop interface more than 5mn only with the touchscreen and come back later.

Selection, drag, multi selection is way more efficient with this software than the touchscreen.

Talontsi90

Try to use the desktop interface more than 5mn only with the touchscreen and come back later.

Selection, drag, multi selection is way more efficient with this software than the touchscreen.

Uh... been using it almost exclusively using touch, ever since i got it last Tuesday.

Good luck using Photoshop on a touchscreen.

If i need finite control, my Logitech M580 works just great and i have two of them ;)

SEANT

Uh... been using it almost exclusively using touch, ever since i got it last Tuesday.

If i need finite control, my Logitech M580 works just great and i have two of them ;)

So we didn’t convince you that precise input control without the need of a mouse/trackball and some reasonably flat surface to prop it on wasn’t lame?

macmee

Well I'm happy for you, but for folks who don't like/use a mouse with this device and only need precision on the rare occasion, this app is great.

Talontsi90

Ive only used the mouse twice and it was for bulk selection not accurate input, but i still dont see the need. If you do, oh well.

SEANT

Hi !
I discovered this software last week and I want to share it with you :

TouchMousePointer - virtual touchpad (on-screen mouse)

It's an onscreen touchpad, wich can be customized like you want, activation/deactivation fast and easy (one click in the taskbar icon), and surprisely, it's very accurate to me.

Enjoy :)

This utility will be very useful for the 8" Pro offerings. It does not look RT compatible, though, unless there is some Windows Store offering that I'm not aware of.

I've posted on this type of input before (here is my take on the process), this really needs to be baked right into the OS.

beq

Just curious, what are all of your favorite settings and modes for TouchMousePointer? Does anyone know what all the settings do?

I think I figured out the purpose behind most things from the latest 1.2.0.2 release (with donation access to bonus features), except:

- Side/Float "Transparent click" -- don't see any difference?

- Vizualise pointer "Zoom"

- Keyboard "Swipe-able the screen, in showing Touch Keyboard" (and submenu "Auto chase input target") -- what is this for??

- Keyboard "Transparent Touch Keyboard"

- General "Keep pointer position (resume last manipulated position)" -- can't detect any different behavior?

- Layout "Size of assist pad (px): Auto" -- what is the auto parameter?

- Layout "Use user ini file" -- what is this, is it separate from the "Pad.ini" file in the program folder?? What can we specify in the user ini file, and what's the syntax?

- Speed/Wheel "Wheel Step 1/1" -- my scrolling still goes by 3 rows at a time per the system mouse setting?

Is there a way to specify the mouse pointer acceleration separately from the mouse pointer speed?

Can the assist pad be moved up from the bottom left corner, so as not to be covered up by the Touch Keyboard?

Alternatively can the side/float modes include Ctrl, Shift and Alt (and maybe Esc), but without the L/R buttons?

(This is because the Touch Keyboard for some reason does not seem to include the Alt and Esc keys, and when pressing Ctrl it also disables access to the number keys!)