What's new

Touchpad lag on first touch. Can it be fixed?

baandoptager

So.... Whenever i browser around and come back to the touchpad (Type cover), it never reacts well on first touch. It won't just start moving, as if it is waiting for the cursor to pop up first?

I've turned of the delay in the touchpad settings. So i really don't get why this is like this.

Couldn't find it in the forums. Has anyone noticed? Isn't it annoying?

Can we fix this?

Liam2349

I think I know what you're talking about. When using the trackpad, the cursor doesn't move until you've moved your finger a certain distance. Until you've moved it a certain distance, nothing will register. After you've hit this threshold, the smallest movements are picked up just fine.

I think it's a feature to prevent accidental input, however I would love a way to disable it.

phositadc

There is an option in mouse settings to disable the delay. I don't have my sp3 with me right now so I can't point you to it exactly, but it's there in the metro ui settings if you go to mouse settings.

olimjj

@phositadc is correct. In Start Screen, activate Charm Bar, Settings, Change PC settings, Mouse and touchpad. The last item in the list has the delay settings.

OP
B

baandoptager

As pointed out in the actual post, these settings have been disabled and it doesn't work. I've tried on another pro 3, same thing.

OP
B

baandoptager

I think I know what you're talking about. When using the trackpad, the cursor doesn't move until you've moved your finger a certain distance. Until you've moved it a certain distance, nothing will register. After you've hit this threshold, the smallest movements are picked up just fine.

I think it's a feature to prevent accidental input, however I would love a way to disable it.

Exactly! I absolutely hate it!

stylo

Same for me, I did a video showing how much i can move my finger until the pointer reacts !!! It's way too much.

I wish someone could give a trick with a registry modd to prevent this delay.

JME401

I saw this a while back here. The not so elegant solution is to disable the "Microsoft Input Configuration Device" under Human Interface Devices in the Device Manager. You then have to detach and reattach the keyboard to take affect.

The down side is you loose trackpad features like two finger scroll, two finger tap right click.

trackpad_lag_fix.jpg

herrkjeldsen

Just found this. I can do without the two finger scroll, if it means getting an actual useable trackpad. This works a charm! Thank you very much jme401!