What's new

Touchpad Settings

rtibbitts

Has anyone found a way to modify the touchpad setting so a long press will hold? I know you can drag two fingers on the touchpad and drag but I wish the touchpad were more configurable.

daniielrp

Unfortunately not :(

I find the touchpad very disappointing on the covers. The gestures it does have are nice but it is just way too limited.
I'm awaiting the Arc Touch Surface edition so that I have a very portable, proper usable mouse.

eelpout

yeah, this is quite disappointing. Especially considering the price point of the covers.

So I hope for two things, it can actually be addressed in a firmware update and is not a hardware limitation, and some 3rd party considers making their own type cover with a good track pad.

kundas1

none of my 4 other devices were the touchpad was configurable, I've owned android, ipad 1st gen, playbook, HP touchpad, and on none of them I was able to configure the touchpad... which makes sense that you would not be able to configure the touchpad on the Surface.

daniielrp

none of my 4 other devices were the touchpad was configurable, I've owned android, ipad 1st gen, playbook, HP touchpad, and on none of them I was able to configure the touchpad... which makes sense that you would not be able to configure the touchpad on the Surface.

I'm not sure you're on about the same thing as the OP.

We're talking about the Touchpad on the cover, not the touch screen.

eelpout

Is what you're trying then same as ClickLock?
ClickLock works, with some difficulty. It seems there is only a particular spot on the Type Cover 2 that works. You'll know it though because there will be an artificial "click" through the speakers when hitting it. It's on the lower third of the pad and one has to push the pad, not just tap it.

I miss the double-tap and drag. Why they didn't implement it I can't imagine.

daniielrp

ClickLock works, with some difficulty. It seems there is only a particular spot on the Type Cover 2 that works. You'll know it though because there will be an artificial "click" through the speakers when hitting it. It's on the lower third of the pad and one has to push the pad, not just tap it.

You mean the right and left click buttons?