What's new

Touchpad stops working on the Pro 4 type cover

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've had it happen a couple of times too also SP4 cover on SP3 Like right now the trackpad is working but the two finger scroll no longer works.
After I wrote that I clicked the keyboard back on again and it's working fine now!

Last edited:

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hardware or software :) I didn't do much sleeping the touchscreen, pen, and sometimes the touchpad too would just all of a sudden stop working in mid stroke. Had to reboot to get them back.

OP
K

kiwigirl

Moon , thats exactly what I get. Sometimes the touch will work but 2 finger scrolling wont work. Only way to get it back is reboot the machine. ANNOYING! Shouldnt be happening on a $170cdn keyboard!

My guess is its a compatibility issue wit hthe Pro 4 cover on the Pro 3 cause i never had this happen on my Pro 3 cover.

Grey, so is that why you went back to the SP 3 with Pro 4 cover?

So sounds like to me theres no point in exchanging the Pro 4 cover.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Moon , thats exactly what I get. Sometimes the touch will work but 2 finger scrolling wont work. Only way to get it back is reboot the machine. ANNOYING! Shouldnt be happening on a $170cdn keyboard!

My guess is its a compatibility issue wit hthe Pro 4 cover on the Pro 3 cause i never had this happen on my Pro 3 cover.

Grey, so is that why you went back to the SP 3 with Pro 4 cover?

So sounds like to me theres no point in exchanging the Pro 4 cover.
That was part of it but I got blue screens too and Audio popping and display driver crashes. I Reset one of them 4 times and it blue screened during setup two of the four times. A blue screen during setup is never good and always fatal. That was the final straw. On the other one, part of the touchscreen went permanently unresponsive.

I might get another one in six months but if it so much as hiccups during the 30 days it's getting returned.

OP
K

kiwigirl

That was part of it but I got blue screens too and Audio popping and display driver crashes. I Reset one of them 4 times and it blue screened during setup two of the four times. A blue screen during setup is never good and always fatal. That was the final straw. On the other one, part of the touchscreen went permanently unresponsive.

I might get another one in six months but if it so much as hiccups during the 30 days it's getting returned.

This is why MS h/w is so underwhelming. I dont know who the heck they are hiring to manufacturer these things, but they have as good quality control as a donut factory does.

When I got my SP3 a year ago, I went through 3 of them and 4 or 5 keyboards. I went through so many I dont even remember what the problems were but it was just stupid making so many trips back to the store.